• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dragon Age: Origins

PanthersFanNY

I found where to get Shale, but I have to pay extra to get a fuging party member? WTF is that horseshit? This game just got a serious serious dip to the shitty scale for me. This is the same kind of crap that turn the total war serious to poo.

The first game I ever purchased for PC was halflife and I got a solid 5 years of gaming for $20(community driven content). Now it seems like every game that comes out has some scheme to squeeze more money out of you. fug that, I'm not buying a single game from Bioware anymore. If I can't pirate it, then I just won't play it.

Any game designed for consoles has been proven again and again to be an absolute sham. I know a lot of you guys play on consoles, but I can't help but say you are idiots. I'll pay for a game that's deserving, like I paid for WoW for a long time, but I refuse to pay for stuff that should be part of a game in the first place.

I found where to get Shale, but I have to pay extra to get a fuging party member? WTF is that horsepoo? This game just got a serious serious dip to the pooty scale for me. This is the same kind of crap that turn the total war serious to poo.

The first game I ever purchased for PC was halflife and I got a solid 5 years of gaming for $20(community driven content). Now it seems like every game that comes out has some scheme to squeeze more money out of you. fug that, I'm not buying a single game from Bioware anymore. If I can't pirate it, then I just won't play it.

Any game designed for consoles has been proven again and again to be an absolute sham. I know a lot of you guys play on consoles, but I can't help but say you are idiots. I'll pay for a game that's deserving, like I paid for WoW for a long time, but I refuse to pay for stuff that should be part of a game in the first place.

lol I dont know what you are talking about man...I have a console..so you are saying I am an idiot? good generalizations buddy...I havent paid any extra for anything so I dont know what the hell you are talking about...on a serious note I am in the death trenches playing the ugly boss lady...how in the hell are you supposed to beat her?

I found where to get Shale, but I have to pay extra to get a fuging party member? WTF is that horsepoo? This game just got a serious serious dip to the pooty scale for me. This is the same kind of crap that turn the total war serious to poo.

Shale is FREE for everyone who purchased the game NEW. The code is inside the box. You did purchase this game right?

He is the only party member planned for DLC (because of dialogue) and (in theory) nobody is supposed to pay for him.

They decided to do this because of pirated copies of the game. Also, it was created after the PC version was wrapped up (months ago) and they were getting the console versions released.

Shale is FREE for everyone who purchased the game NEW. The code is inside the box. You did purchase this game right?

He is the only party member planned for DLC (because of dialogue) and (in theory) nobody is supposed to pay for him.

They decided to do this because of pirated copies of the game. Also, it was created after the PC version was wrapped up (months ago) and they were getting the console versions released.

I did the direct download from EA.

Just bought the game and I am installing it now.

And yes, RPG's are much better on the PC which is why I bought the PC version instead of the 360 version. Not to mention it's 10 bucks cheaper.

XBox 360 cost £100, how much does a gaming PC cost? Exactly.

XBox 360 cost £100, how much does a gaming PC cost? Exactly.

Factor in all those games with the $10 extra in price that someone is likely to buy for the xbox until the next gen console comes out, and the difference between an xbox and a gaming PC isn't that great.

Plus PC gaming has many more advantages than just cheaper games.

That being said consoles do have their place with certain genres of games.

I am having a great time on the Xbox 360 version of it...Pc graphics are much better ofcourse but you need a good pc and great video card for that

That's a pretty outdated misconception, especially for this game. Take the money that the average person spends on a console and put it towards a PC and you'll have a damn good machine. I'm able to play any new release on a $150 video card I bought a while ago. The last game I remember that I couldn't play right away was Oblivion, which was 3 years ago and the game was pretty advanced for it's time. Game makers have learned not to release games that only high end systems can play anymore. I know people look at new hardware and see $600 video cards and think it's too expensive, but you don't need that stuff. Prices fall sharply when new stuff comes out.

That's a pretty outdated misconception, especially for this game. Take the money that the average person spends on a console and put it towards a PC and you'll have a damn good machine. I'm able to play any new release on a $150 video card I bought a while ago. The last game I remember that I couldn't play right away was Oblivion, which was 3 years ago and the game was pretty advanced for it's time. Game makers have learned not to release games that only high end systems can play anymore. I know people look at new hardware and see $600 video cards and think it's too expensive, but you don't need that stuff. Prices fall sharply when new stuff comes out.

I know...its good that they arent making the system requirements to ridiculous...I just own a 360 and dont have the money for a pc right now...I do however have 60 bucks for the game so I just bought it...I have no complaints tho...having lots of fun

Just to give you an idea - the min video card to play dragon age is a ATI x850, I tried looking up the price on newegg but it's so old it's been deactivated. The recommended card is a 3850 - $88.

cool...I have a great card at work on this comp...but I dont foresee myself playing for 7 hours on it...Ill stick to my 360 for now

Archived