• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoffs Thread

t96

3 hours ago, higgs said:

Canes looking real real strong! Svechnikov is a grown man (at 19.....)

Yes he’s already a grown man and throwing his body around as well as anyone out there. But just wait until his body develops even more in the next few years... He’s already a force, but that force will be much greater when he’s 23-25 and older. He could be the best winger in the league at that point.

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Very happy with the addition and immediate contributions of Vatanen, Skjel and Trochek. 

And Skjel absolutely crushed Fast- took him out of the game with a legit hit.

Yep very happy to have Vatanen playing for us now, that was a great trade and we need to re-sign this guy. He fits the team perfectly. 

Trochek has been great as well, definitely a big upgrade at C. Still hoping he can get to that next level offensively though, like he was at a few years ago. 

I like Skjei and he’s been good this series so far (that hit set the tone and without it I’m not sure we win game 1), but I’m still not completely sure about the trade. A 1st was more than I’d have liked to give up and having his contract and Gardner’s is a burden.
Definitely happy to have him right now so I’ll just keep enjoying it and see what happens with contracts, draft picks, etc. after this playoff run.

19 hours ago, t96 said:

Yes he’s already a grown man and throwing his body around as well as anyone out there. But just wait until his body develops even more in the next few years... He’s already a force, but that force will be much greater when he’s 23-25 and older. He could be the best winger in the league at that point.

I. Can't. Wait.

Hopefully the Rangers are sent packing tonight!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Kbrad72 said:

....Sheesh, what its going to take for us to beat Boston?

For starters..... maybe at least 2 of the 3 goals disallowed by the refs, although 2 were good goals. And the one goal given to Boston after Mrazek covered the puck. And maybe just a couple penalties being called consistently both ways.

On 8/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, Anybodyhome said:

For starters..... maybe at least 2 of the 3 goals disallowed by the refs, although 2 were good goals. And the one goal given to Boston after Mrazek covered the puck. And maybe just a couple penalties being called consistently both ways.

It really sucks that’s what the first few games came down to. We played them hard in game one and game two. It easily could have been us up 3-1 yesterday. 

The last few games though we looked like we were 4-5 even when we were on the power play. They always seemed to know where our pucks were going to bounce. 

Plus Svech. I really think he would have had a breakout game if he didn’t get injured in one of these past two. 

Bummer but we are getting really close. Last year’s ECF appearance was probably a bit lucky. This team is knocking on the door of being a legit cup contender every year for many years. We were the youngest team in the playoffs and still have a great prospect pool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 8:16 AM, Harbingers said:

We've been discussing season tickets for 2 seasons now and I think the timing is right, but now we have this COVID thing to deal with. Who knows when the Canes will play another home game with fans in attendance?

Archived