• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints DTs and Lance Moore are out for Sunday

rayzor

Greer has been lockdown all year long while Smith has been a non-factor for the most part. Gee, who do you think will win this matchup?

if they single team smith he will be open all day no matter who you put on him.

whether or not jake can get the ball there is a different story.

Greer has been lockdown all year long while Smith has been a non-factor for the most part. Gee, who do you think will win this matchup?

Greer is a good corner but you're acting like he's the next Deion Sanders. If Greg williams plans on having Greer cover Smith one and one, the poor kid will end up getting "Smooted".

i'm not acting like he is the next deion sanders. he's been put one on one with Megatron, T.O, the new Steve Smith, Roddy White, etc. and has done a good job.

i doubt williams will plan to put anyone one on one with smith as he's your only WR worth a sh*t.

Yeah, Greer has surrendered 1 TD in 7 games, and there was a little "jostling" going on, as the MNF crew put it. He aslo scored a pick-6 in the same game, so that's pretty much a wash. The only corner in the entire league that's playing any better is Revis.

But yeah, the Saints secondary was horrible last year, so how much better could they EVEN get in one offeason? PSH

Oh lord I would LOVE to see Greer try to cover Steve Smith one on one. Seriously, if any of you guys have connections with the Saints D-Coordinator, please encourage him to put Smith in single coverage. We would be dropping bombs on the dome all night like the Luftwaffe on Poland.

Why would you love it? We are talking about a player hwo has been a non-factor for most of the year vs. a player who has been a top cover corner.

Because no one has been able to single-cover Steve Smith since he was drafted. But, of course, you must think Greer is the greatest DB of the decade, and he will succeed where all others have failed. Well, I'm sorry but that's incredibly unlikely.

If Smith has a bad night, it will almost undoubtedly be because of terrible QB play. You're right, Smith hasn't been much of a factor yet this year, but if you think that has anything to do with him and not with our pathetically bad QB play, then you are just blind. Here's where it gets good for the Panthers: we will be able to run on your defense at will. Your defense will have to stack for the run. If the pressure is off of Jake and he can make half-decent passes, Smith will show why he cannot be covered by one person. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he torched a couple double teams for big plays--he tends to do that against the Saints.

Yeah, facing a double team of Josh Bullocks and Jason David might just be a little different than facing Sharper and Greer. Just a little different.

In the end the Saints will double team Smith as the rest of your receivers are complete garbage who wouldn't even make our practice squad.

Yeah, facing a double team of Josh Bullocks and Jason David might just be a little different than facing Sharper and Greer. Just a little different.

You're right...Steve Smith just folds when faced with skilled DB's. He has never torched a good defense for a big one, he has never owned pro-bowl Corners. I'm sure the thought of facing Sharper and Greer just terrifies him.

:out:

Archived