• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RIP Eddie Van Halen

stirs

Seen them a lot, most notably at the US Festival in '83 when they were paid the highest amount for one set in music history, and DLR was so wasted he couldn't remember the words to the songs, EVH was so pissed...as were all of us in the crowd

Last time was opening night for that last tour reunited with DLR here in Charlotte which was kind of meh but EVH was still sounding good and he got me laid that night so thank you Eddie.

21 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

ast time was opening night for that last tour reunited with DLR here in Charlotte which was kind of meh but EVH was still sounding good and he got me laid that night so thank you Eddie.

Was that the April 2012 show? If it was, we were at the Greensboro show the next night. DLR was embarrassingly bad to the point I was embarrassed for him.

Kool & The Gang opened for them and was a great show. As much as I appreciate EVH- Kool was the better act on stage that night. I remember the place was like 85 degrees inside and everyone kept asking why it was so hot and the canned answer was DLR wanted it that warm. Kool even mentioned it during their set. 

Archived