• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

worst move hurney has ever made?

John Fox

In order of farkups...IMO...

1. Signing Jake to that contract.

2. Not working harder to get Peppers contract done prior to the end of last season.

3. Giving up on the 2010 1st rd pick for Everette Brown. Not a knock on Brown, but gave too much.

4. Re-signing Dan Morgan and letting a player like Spoon walk.

5. Not getting rid of Deshaun Foster earlier and get picks for him, while DeAngelo rides the pine. (probably notsomuch his decision on starter, but if he trades him...he's not starting)

I'll add more as I think of them...

Quite possibly this latest Jake extension. If not, its his failure of finding a replacement.

I don't think the contract was as big of a deal, there's only 20 million guaranteed. Delhomme was going to count 10 mill against the cap this year. Hurney paying Peppers 16 million so handcuffed the Panthers cap wise it was the only way to free up even a few bucks. But no Jake replacement is even more heinous.

The Peppers debacle, selecting Stewart with DWill already on the roster and trading away this years #1 for Brown are the top 3 IMO.

How bout every 2nd round pick hes ever made aside from this year (to early to say) and Kalil and Jarrett (yes I still think it was a good move)? Jakes contract to me is nowhere near the travesty (yes I did go there) of not drafting a future Franchise QB in Flacco. But it wouldn't have mattered who was still there when we got Stewart we wouldn't have drafted Flacco because our FO still doesn't know what it takes to win it all in this league.

Neither Fox nor Hurney have or had the stones to take a chance on a Flacco or any QB day 1. Yeah I know I will get people talking about the risk but I think it is far more riskier (at least in terms of SB contention) to not. 4 out of the last 5 SB winners had 1st round QBs and the other just happens to be the biggest steal every in Brady (not likely to ever happen again). Fox is a good coach but is in a League that is advancing to fast for his conservative approach to succeed. Teams live and die by the QB in the NFL now and we get to watch a very slow painful death.

I bet because of the contract, Jake is back next year. Hopefully as a backup QB

Who do we get though that can come in right away and play?

I believe Chad Pennington is hitting free agency next year. I'd love to have him playing for Carolina. Not sure how Henne is doing though, so I can't say for sure if Miami won't resign him.

I believe Chad Pennington is hitting free agency next year. I'd love to have him playing for Carolina. Not sure how Henne is doing though, so I can't say for sure if Miami won't resign him.

Hes 33 and coming off his 3rd season ending shoulder injury since 2005. I wanted him last off-season but not now unless its for vet min. He also has never started more then 10 games in consecutive seasons in his entire career.

Hes 33 and coming off his 3rd season ending shoulder injury since 2005. I wanted him last off-season but not now unless its for vet min. He also has never started more then 10 games in consecutive seasons in his entire career.

Yeah, but if he can show he's still got that accuracy then I'd still want him. Anyone we get off free agency will more than likely be a temporary fix until we can find someone through a draft.

Either way, I just heard he might be retiring after this season, so meh :[

Maybe Brady Quinn? He hasn't gotten much of a chance to develop in Cleveland, and even if he did, it's Cleveland.

Archived