• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QBs at the top of the 2nd round of the NFL Draft

rey2009

Snead's decision making, accuracy and timing have been horrible this year. Do not want this guy at all. He has great arm strength, yes, but there have been plenty of QBs with strong arms that never did anything in the NFL.

Pike reminds me of Shaun Hill. He'll probably be a halfway decent backup somewhere. Not someone I would take if you need a franchise QB, even as a project. Just don't see much upside there.

Ponder has looked really good as of late and he seems to be constantly improving. I'm hoping he comes out this year.

Hiller is another guy I like but our current offense is basically the exact opposite of what would best suit his skillset. You'd really need a system that uses alot of screens, dumpdowns and spreads the ball around the field. Davidson worked under Charlie Weis with a similar system so assuming we have a new HC a change there might be a possibility.

Zac Robinson, pass on this guy except as maybe a very late round project.

LeFevour has looked decent but not overly impressive from what I've seen. Another late round guy. I'd take him before Robinson.

I think there's a good chance Bradford is there at the top of the 2nd. I'm on the fence if I'd want him or not. He's a boom or bust pick, especially with the injury.

McCoy and Claussen almost certainly will be gone by the 2nd. The other guys I haven't seen much of, or at all, so I don't know.

He just got done throwing 4 int's against Clemson, though in his defense, Clemson has one hell of a defense.

He just got done throwing 4 int's against Clemson, though in his defense, Clemson has one hell of a defense.

Still 4 ints in one game is suspect to say the least. That and Ponder isn't even the best QB in the ACC who is coming out for the draft this year.

About Ponder, I'm just going by the games I've seen. I know he's had great games against UNC and GT recently, I missed the one against Clemson. From those games I had a feeling his stock was on the rise (if he does decide to come out) but throwing 4 INTs in a game or two can sure drop it right back down.

Skinner never really stood out to me but I might check out more of his games from here on out. I really haven't watched many Wake games this year. I remember last year their offense looked more like a liability than anything.

I'd rather see McCoy, LeFevour, or Tim Hiller on the roster... Bradford is too injury prone.

Colt McCoy doesn't take snaps under center.

Also why is Bradford injury prone? because he's had one injury he aggravated before it fully healed? oh woe is me

Colt McCoy doesn't take snaps under center.

Also why is Bradford injury prone? because he's had one injury he aggravated before it fully healed? oh woe is me

Doesn't know how to fall. Every sack your gonna be scared if he's landing on that shoulder. And he will get sacked alot more in the NFL then he did in college.

you watch a lot of CMU games?

I've seen LeFevour a couple times but not all that many. Once against WMU and Hiller looked clearly to be the better prospect. Saw him against BC a couple weeks ago and wasn't really impressed in that game at all. Maybe he just had a couple subpar games but I'm just going off what I've seen.

Skinner never really stood out to me but I might check out more of his games from here on out. I really haven't watched many Wake games this year. I remember last year their offense looked more like a liability than anything.

Well the Wake offense is really hurt by a shitty OL and no running game whatsoever, not to mention Grobe who is very conservative with the offense.

Archived