• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB conundrum

SmittysLawnGuy

I really want a QB at 8. So what will give us our best shot at snagging one? What should we hope for? 

I don't know the answers to my questions and that's why I'll turn it to you guys. I'll pose a few. Do we want Mac Jones to show out in the title game. Do we want Fields to as well? Do we want the combine to show Lance as a legit contender or should we hope it's canceled to hide his talents?  Could Wilson slip without a combine or show limitations with one?   

In my less than informed opinion I believe we should 100% hope Mac Jones puts on a show, just to make it the big 5. I also hope Fields struggles to knock him down a few slots. While I really want there to be a combine, it would probably be best for us if there wasn't. If they all look all world we could be left holding the bag with our very own cornerback. Seen several Mocks where all of the QBs outside of TL fall to us in some way. Not at once but different sights love different prospects. I really dislike the trade up scenario as I believe we will land a non consensus at 8.  Little concerned about their talent evals. after the Teddy debacle. So let the draft dictate your choice instead of trading up and being wrong. Any thoughts? Am I a dumbass for even contemplating it this early in the process?  Who do you want and how do you see us getting him?                                     

I think the most common answer to that is going to be "I want to buy a time machine on eBay, go back to the week before the Washington game and tell Ron Rivera he needs to start Taylor Heinicke instead of Dwayne Haskins."

Barring that, it's tough.

I don't know that we're in a position to snag one of the best candidates without trading up. And if we trade up, how much draft capital are we ready to spend?

Lot of time and evaluation to be done between now and then, but the prospects are enough to make your head spin.

Archived