• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panther S Deon Grant on Jake: He's the "biggest disappointment" in the NFL

Sam Mills Fan

Why do people keep saying he's dumb or isn't bright? Does he have a problem with speaking that I don't remember? Did he do poorly on his Wonderlic back in the day?

Not unlike a lot of players he didn't finish college at Tennessee and wasn't a good student. Doesn't mean he is stupid though but it doesn't mean he is bright either. The average for safeties in general on the wonderlic is 19 which is equivalent to a 97 IQ. Not stellar but not that bad either. They just started them in 2000. I couldn't find his. Still it doesn't really matter does it? Even smart people say things that may or may not be accurate or unbiased.

I'll never forget Deon going for the interception instead of just batting the ball down in Dallas that one time. Instead, ball deflects off his hands into the Cowboys wide receiver's for an 80-yard touchdown. Panthers, up 13-0 with like five minutes to go and Dallas facing a 4th-and-20 and that knucklehead lets them off the hook. Dallas 14, Carolina 13.

That may be the biggest stomach punch game in Panthers history.

That would have been old ass Joey Galloway who he tipped that ball to. I was just about to write that my only memory of Grant was setting up the eventual loss in Dallas that year. Fug him.

Archived