• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Veteran's Day

ladypanther

Thank you to all you serve and have served to defend our freedoms.

Those who are currently serving,..thanks. I hope you stay safe and can return home to your families soon.

My father was career Navy. He joined (underage) during WWII. I had many uncles who served in WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. I think they saw themselves as ordinary, but they, of course were not.

We owe a lot to all who serve. Today, especially, we honor you.

:patriot:

(I know this is the wrong forum...but what the heck.)

God bless all my brothers and sisters out there putting it on the line in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as those serving in places like Korea and Germany. And yes, being an Army veteran, I consider every last one of them my brothers and sisters, regardless of where they come from, what color they are, or what their politics are. It takes a special kind of person to volunteer to put themselves in danger for a country that don't always appreciate or understand why they do what they do. There are many in this country that just don't understand the concept of fighting for something bigger than ones self. I actually feel sorry for those people.

You drug a long time lurker out to say "My Pleasure!"

...and I mean a long time lurker from back when this was called the Panthers Huddle.

The Panthers make me proud whenever I get overseas. The first time I came to Iraq, the Panthers went to the Super Bowl. The second time, they went to the NFCCG. The third time, well, it was 2007, but I was still there for the first half of 2008.

Now that I'm here again, hopefully they'll keep the tradition going and get this season turned around.

Felix Doc Blanchard was one of the best athletes of his time, and he decided to serve his country instead of playing pro football. My grandfather served with him in the Air Force, and said he was one hell of a good man. Thank god for men like them, or we might not be on here talking about a football team.

You drug a long time lurker out to say "My Pleasure!"

...and I mean a long time lurker from back when this was called the Panthers Huddle.

The Panthers make me proud whenever I get overseas. The first time I came to Iraq, the Panthers went to the Super Bowl. The second time, they went to the NFCCG. The third time, well, it was 2007, but I was still there for the first half of 2008.

Now that I'm here again, hopefully they'll keep the tradition going and get this season turned around.

Don't be a stranger. Thanks to you and your brethren and a formal WELCOME to the Huddle. :cheers2:

Archived