• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

COVID/Mrazek Update

Stumpy

On Mrazek...

@LukeDeCock: Brind'Amour on Mrazek: "There's a little more serious damage there. We're still not sure what the process is going to be."

@ice_chip: Brind'Amour on Mrazek status: "Looks like it's going to be a little longer than we had hoped." Mrazek may need surgery, he said

COVID news...

@abbylabar_: This morning, the #Canes sent Drew Shore, Sheldon Rempal and Joey Keane back to the Chicago Wolves.

That's good news for the NHL squad, sounds like guys will be returning to play Hawks on Tuesday. We will talk with Rod Brind'Amour and players shortly for official update!

@corylav: Brind’Amour hopeful Foegele, Martinook and Teravainen are cleared for tomorrow’s game.

Link to press conference

Sounds like we've weathered the storm for the most part with this outbreak. We should be back to full strength by next week, at least as far as skaters go.

No timetable yet for Petr "Between The" Piper. Hopefully, nothing to serious. Comments from last night about waiting for an MRI suggest soft tissue injury, but differing reports of blood on the ice could be a cut, a compound fracture or a severe dislocation.

No matter what the outlook is for Mr. Azek, we are going to have to count on Taxi Driver Ned for some quality starts in net. He's been seasoning down in CLT for a while now. I hope he is finally ready to make the big boy leap once and for all. 

A young steady presence in net would allow us to include either Reimer or a healthy Mrazek in a package for a big bodied C to add a little more toughness to our lineup. We got bullied up and down the ice the last 2 nights.

I'm not saying we need to go get a goon or start playing dirty, (like the Stars) we just need some more muscle out there. If we are still this soft come the playoffs, we'll spend another year watching the finals from home. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Looks like a new joint was created where there wasn't one before. More than likely a surgery coming to pin that thing back together.

I say leave it that way. Might get a few extra saves with that wonky thumb... lol

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I say 32 wins in the remaining 50 games and the Canes win the division. I really think they could do it with 28, but 32 is counting on them to win 5 of 8 from each team, on average.

They may split with a couple teams, but they may sweep a couple, too or win 6 of the 8.

That means we're gonna need probably 10+ wins from Nedeljkovic.

• Beer 1

I think Ned has talent - I remember that one huge win he had vs. Vancouver in (i think) was his NHL debut. He's a slightly above average backup, but we might get hot and be OK. Plus the team played lights out this weekend and that was without some major key players like Slavin, Turbo and Marty.