• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith talks some more

Kevin Greene

I read yesterday where Fox was convinced that Smith jawing on the sideline last week was at Sharper for the out of bounds hit. Anyone else calling BS on that and that he was jawing at Davidson to "not call that stupid play anymore"?

I read yesterday where Fox was convinced that Smith jawing on the sideline last week was at Sharper for the out of bounds hit. Anyone else calling BS on that and that he was jawing at Davidson to "not call that stupid play anymore"?

Fox flat out lies. Then he gets all hissy when someone calls him out on it.

Well we'll just agree to disagree on Smith. Football is about 11 guys, not one. Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Steve Smith...all great athletes who do phenomenal things on the field. And all guys I would never want on my team. And so you don't think I'm picking on black guys, I'll give you a white guy who fit this mold...that DE from the Jets, Gastineau. Same deal.

Most teams have some unsavories. Some even killers. The Rams have had Leonard Little on their roster for years......

I have no idea how in good conscience you can support that team.

how many times did it happen to you? or was one time enough?

Never happened to me. Just saw it happen several times with the media. And the sad part was it was totally unnecessary. One week a guy who used to cover the team caught him in one and called him out on it. He went ballistic.

Never happened to me. Just saw it happen several times with the media. And the sad part was it was totally unnecessary. One week a guy who used to cover the team caught him in one and called him out on it. He went ballistic.

Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe in the film room Fox tries to suger coat what they are doing and when a player steps up and points something out that is different from what Fox sees as ideal, Fox jumps up and starts going crazy.

Fox would be a great politician.

Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe in the film room Fox tries to suger coat what they are doing and when a player steps up and points something out that is different from what Fox sees as ideal, Fox jumps up and starts going crazy.

Fox would be a great politician.

Nah. It was over an injury. Fox used to play a little game with the media over injuries (may still, for all I know). He'd smirk whenever asked and say he didn't have MD after his name, yadda yadda yadda. These press conferences are on Monday. Then he started saying he didn't know anything. The reporter knew this player had had some kind of test Sunday night. Now if you are the head coach, don't you think you're going to be the first to know what the status of one of your star players is, soon as the doctors look him over? One of the writers called him out on it and Fox got all pissy. Just tell the truth...."we don't have to report injuries until Wednesday and for strategic purposes that's how I'm going to handle it." Make that your standard reply. When you're sitting there making a game out of telling the truth, you lose credibility. And to get all huffy because someone's calling you out on it....you put yourself in that position by lying in the first place.

Archived