• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night Football? Is it just me...

TrueBlackandBlue

Or does anyone else think that Thursday Night Football is garbage? Even though its a primetime game for Carolina which are always exciting and it gives us some media attention, I've just always liked that the NFL was limited to Sunday with one special treat on Monday night. And regardless, the matchups seem to be consistently bland and unimportant. excepting this thursday of course

Prime-time is prime-time... I'll take what we can get. I just hope we shine. The MNF game was pathetic.

As far as having the attention of the media, we don't have the fan base of the Cowboys which pretty much gives you the ability to suck all year and still end up with 10 nationally television games. Not as bad as baseball with the Yankees & Red Sox, but it's slowly creeping there with 90% of the media's attention going to four (maybe five) NFL teams.

I like it for the simple fact that I don't think there's enough football to keep me satisfied throughout the week. Having it be a Panthers game is just a plus.

Indeed.

Think about it...

Thursday Night: Panthers

Friday Night: High School Football (Well, my old HS made it to the playoffs.)

Saturday: College

Sunday: NFL

Monday: NFL

Muahah.

i'm only gonna get one panthers game a week no matter how you slice it, i'd rather it be on sunday... I can't remember there ever being an interesting enough matchup on thursday that i actually found a tv with nfl network to watch the game. and theres always college football on thurs for everyone who needs some grid iron to make it to the weekend

and in football, players need time to get healthy, for that week and their careers. it is working in our favor this week b/c of Ronnie Brown who probably would be able to play if it was sunday. Being on monday night football gives team a short but managable 6 day week, but a 4 day week i ridiculous. teams also need time to prepare which is becoming an essential part of being a good team. taking it out is like taking out special teams

the reason the thursday games are a "less attractive" game is because when it all first started, there was a game with the cowboys and i think the giants or patriots that had huge significance and many people made a big deal, including that crybaby troy aikman, that the game wouldn't be seen by the majority of fans due to being on the nfl network.

the nfl network then pussed out and allowed abc, or espn to simulcast the game so everyone can see it. since then, the've wussed out on the top matchups of the week being played on thursday night.

Archived