• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malcolm Roach

DaveThePanther2008

Why wasn't this guy thrown out of the game on the helmet to helmet on CMC.  That was as blatant of a head to head hit I've seen all season.

It clearly looked like to me that he was intentionally trying to hurt CMC.  Knowing the Saint history I would not have been surprised if they were told to take a shot if available.

We got the unsportsmanlike conduct but he should have been ejected. 

• Pie 2

My reaction at the time honestly seemed like it was fine. I’d want my DT showing that much urgency towards the ball carrier. I understand the penalty but helmets are going to make contact sometimes. I can’t see how a huge DT can dive towards a player and not have his head down. 

The NFL is in a very odd place right now lol. It’s really hard to codify rules of safety into something so chaotic and violent. 

The 2nd call on Darnold was pretty loose too. 

I’m not complaining because we’ll get our fair share of bad calls too in the end, but I’m not holding ill will towards Roach. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

My reaction at the time honestly seemed like it was fine. I’d want my DT showing that much urgency towards the ball carrier. I understand the penalty but helmets are going to make contact sometimes. I can’t see how a huge DT can dive towards a player and not have his head down. 

The NFL is in a very odd place right now lol. It’s really hard to codify rules of safety into something so chaotic and violent. 

I’m not complaining because we’ll get our fair share of bad calls too in the end, but I’m not holding ill will towards Roach. 

1:21 seconds of this video

He clearly launches himself at CMC and IMO was blatant about it. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

24 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Overall, this is how I feel about it as well.

When looking at the league as a whole.

The Saints, with their specific history as an organization, get no such benefit of the doubt, nor should they. He should have been ejected. That is still Sean Payton on the sideline, the same HC as when the team got busted for hunting heads, and Payton has never demonstrated that he's got an ounce of humility or regret over it.

Nah. @#$% that. The Saints get zero benefit of the doubt on headhunting calls til Payton is no longer running the place. Actions have consequences. I would be perfectly fine if the league sent a message by not giving that organization any benefit of the doubt on such calls until EVERYONE associated with it was no longer a part of the team. This is how reputation works. You made your bed, now lay in it.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Overall, this is how I feel about it as well.

When looking at the league as a whole.

The Saints, with their specific history as an organization, get no such benefit of the doubt, nor should they. He should have been ejected. That is still Sean Payton on the sideline, the same HC as when the team got busted for hunting heads, and Payton has never demonstrated that he's got an ounce of humility or regret over it.

Nah. @#$% that. The Saints get zero benefit of the doubt on headhunting calls til Payton is no longer running the place. Actions have consequences. I would be perfectly fine if the league sent a message by not giving that organization any benefit of the doubt on such calls until EVERYONE associated with it was no longer a part of the team. This is how reputation works. You made your bed, now lay in it.

Totally agree.  Peyton sat out a year but I don't believe for one second he regretted it.  Though he may not have a bounty on someone's head he clearly doesn't discourage trying to take someone out. 

• Pie 2