• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Atmosphere

TheSaint

F*ck that. You live in a town that gets an expansion team, you gotta root for that team. It's a new law if I ever become president.

thats ridiculous. i am 22 and a diehard dolphins fan.....born and raised in west palm beach, i moved to charlotte....should i be a panther fan?

i dont understand people that were supposedly another teams fan for 30 years.....then the panthers arrive and they just stop rooting for that original team......they were never real fans to begin with imo

Went to the game last night. 1st game ive been to since the Philly game.

I have to say that was my least favorite game ive been to at BoA. Everything about it was weird. I thought the atmosphere totally sucked. I felt no energy in that stadium, or even outside the stadium before the game.

I thought the game sucked as well.

I was totally expecting a jacked up crowd, and a jacked up panthers team and fully expected them to win convincingly.

Anyone else think the atmosphere sucked?

It was very weird. First off, there were Dolphins fans EVERYWHERE. And my usual crowd I have sat with the past six years was almost all gone. They all gave their tickets to twenty-something yuppies too busy downing liquor and not even watching the game. It made me furious. As for the crowd as a whole, we gave up after we were down 14-3 and didn't make noise again until that Miami drive that ended up sending people away (Ricky's 3rd TD).

thats ridiculous. i am 22 and a diehard dolphins fan.....born and raised in west palm beach, i moved to charlotte....should i be a panther fan?

i dont understand people that were supposedly another teams fan for 30 years.....then the panthers arrive and they just stop rooting for that original team......they were never real fans to begin with imo

I do agree with you, actually. I know if I ever moved away from the Carolinas, the Panthers would still be my team. I might adopt a secondary team, just for the fun of it, but they would never replace my Panthers ... ever.

I could care less if you're a Panther fan or not. I'm talking about the sh*t bags that root for Dallas or Washington that are from here. A NEW team in your town trumps any old fandom that might be lingering around. So you had Dallas PJ's as a kid, who gives a poo. Waaaah, My daddy beat me if I didn't sing Hail to the Redskins in my momma's underwear. Pussy. Man up and root for your home town team. That's being a real fan. I think the people that live in Charlotte and raise their kids Dallas or Miami fans are retards. Why take the enjoyment away from your kids of rooting for a team in their town that they can interact with and get enjoyment out of. No, lets make them sit at home with their inbred Cowboy family and watch the game on some generic TV. Screw that crap. No free will if I'm president!

I do agree with you, actually. I know if I ever moved away from the Carolinas, the Panthers would still be my team. I might adopt a secondary team, just for the fun of it, but they would never replace my Panthers ... ever.

But this is OK, because you're a Panther fan. ;) It's the same double standard that Barry Obama lives by.

I believe the lack of noise was due to the fact that everyone who cheered was removed from the stadium. I was in 534 and our section alone had at least 6 fans removed. None of them were doing anything more than cheering for their team, except the guy who chucked a beer bottle. One guy was removed because the security guard thought he threw the bottle, even though everyone told him he wasn't the guy. Way too many Dolphins fans, I felt like we were playing in Miami.

I believe the lack of noise was due to the fact that everyone who cheered was removed from the stadium. I was in 534 and our section alone had at least 6 fans removed. None of them were doing anything more than cheering for their team, except the guy who chucked a beer bottle. One guy was removed because the security guard thought he threw the bottle, even though everyone told him he wasn't the guy. Way too many Dolphins fans, I felt like we were playing in Miami.

Nah, I've been to many games in Miami. When you're at a game in Miami, it feels like you are at a game in New York or New England.

This might be a no brainer to some....

Charlotte is full of people from other parts of the country who moved there for a better life, job opportunities, and climate. They're still loyal to their teams, therefore going to a Panthers game is the only way they can see their team play in person. I believe that's why the Carolina Panthers franchise has been so successful, because of opposing fans desire to see their team play. It seems that the Panther fanbase is building with the younger generation. Hopefully it will continue to build.

I do understand that... doesnt mean I have to like it :P and I still find it extremely annoying that I have feel like I am at a road game at my home stadium.

I do understand that... doesnt mean I have to like it :P and I still find it extremely annoying that I have feel like I am at a road game at my home stadium.

I know it is. I think that will change over time.

But look at it this way, every Panthers game sells out. If Charlotte wasn't such an awesome city, we would probably be in the same shoes as Jacksonville, FL.

I could care less if you're a Panther fan or not. I'm talking about the sh*t bags that root for Dallas or Washington that are from here. A NEW team in your town trumps any old fandom that might be lingering around. So you had Dallas PJ's as a kid, who gives a poo. Waaaah, My daddy beat me if I didn't sing Hail to the Redskins in my momma's underwear. Pussy. Man up and root for your home town team. That's being a real fan. I think the people that live in Charlotte and raise their kids Dallas or Miami fans are retards. Why take the enjoyment away from your kids of rooting for a team in their town that they can interact with and get enjoyment out of. No, lets make them sit at home with their inbred Cowboy family and watch the game on some generic TV. Screw that crap. No free will if I'm president!

my son will be raised a dolphin fan. i live in charlotte. hes named after zach thomas.....you dont just switch teams you root for cause of where you live. thats fugin retarded

my son will be raised a dolphin fan. i live in charlotte. hes named after zach thomas.....you dont just switch teams you root for cause of where you live. thats f**kin retarded

Your son will get beat up by my son in school. I use flash cards to train him to attack. The Dallas star. The gay racist Redskin head. The NY logo. The Steeler logo. All will result in beatdowns.

Seriously though, if you'd reread my post, you'd see that I am not talking about transplants. I'm talking about the morons that are FROM here and continued to root for whatever sh*tty team they had before the glorious Panthers came to be.

You better hope I never become president. You'd be in jail with no access to NFL network.

Stop with this "real fan" garbage... I don't mind that you live in the Carolinas and root for the Dolphins just like you shouldn't mind that I grew up rooting for the Skins and then decided to switch over to my home team.

I think anyone, anywhere is entitled to root for any team they want to. There are so few things in life you can choose, why limit the things you can? I don't like this idea that because you were born somewhere you HAVE TO root for a certain team. I root for the Panthers because I choose to, not because I feel like I have to.

I would think Americans of all people would get this since 99.9% of us are descended from immigrants that were from somewhere else. My ancestry is German and Scottish, does that mean I should be rooting for them and not the USA in the World Cup? My ancestors chose the USA over Germany or Scotland, I chose the Panthers over the Skins... there is power and ownership in choice... there is no power or ownership in just following something because you happened to be born somewhere or were told it is what you should like.

Archived