• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is sherrod marting the best FS?

Mr ocho nueve

the whole defense was bad thursday night.

no one gets a pass.

how do you leave that QB of theirs upright with that m.a.s.h. unit of a OL the dolphins were running with.

piss poor playing and coaching on defense all night. they all sucked. beason among them. i'm probably more pissed at him just because i have him at a higher standard.

so your buddy isn't beside you anymore.....get over it and act like a leader. get this team to play better. get you head and their heads back in the game.

They weren't THAT bad. They stopped Miami three times in a row to start the second half, but the Offense couldn't capitalize for whatever reason. There were missed tackles and poor execution for sure, but I blame the offense and the red-zone missed opportunities. We should have definitely scored more than 24 points.

there is no way the dolphins should have scored that much and there is no way that our offense should have scored that little.

the whole team sucked. offense sucked because the oline couldn't protect jake in the pocket (more reason to run it) and we kept passing the stupid ball.

the defense sucked because the players couldn't capitalize on a bad offensive situation. their Oline was in much worse shape, esp. the interior of that line but we still let them do whatever they wanted to.

there is no way the dolphins should have scored that much and there is no way that our offense should have scored that little.

the whole team sucked. offense sucked because the oline couldn't protect jake in the pocket (more reason to run it) and we kept passing the stupid ball.

the defense sucked because the players couldn't capitalize on a bad offensive situation. their Oline was in much worse shape, esp. the interior of that line but we still let them do whatever they wanted to.

It would be easier to protect Jake if he you know... stepped up into the pocket.

Or maybe if he would checkdown and pass it without waiting one hundred years occasionally.

martin is the best candidate for FS and it isn't even close.

btw...that big run that ricky made? where was beason? he had a hand on him and wiiliams ran right by him. that TD catch that ricky made? beason was there and actually had ricky wrapped up and let him get loose.

should we bench beason? no.

for the record, martin is a lot more eager to hit and tackle than godfrey. he's a whole lot more aggressive.

no way should we go back to godfrey as FS.

i'm not sure what godfrey should do but he shouldn't have that starting job back.

martin is just flat out better than godfrey at FS. probably makes sense since martin has been playing safety for longer and, despite him being a rookie, is more mature. martin's a year older than godfrey. i trust his instincts more at his natural position.

I haven't seen that at all from him.

After watching him play vs Miami, I'm calling for Godfrey to remain the starter..It can't get anyworse than that for a FS. I give Martin credit he is a dam good defensive player, but he acts like he doesn't want to hit anyone. His pursuit angles, tackle attempts, man.......we need a new FS.

Of course I meant Martin in the thread title

I mean no disrespect by this, but have you ever seen Godfrey play for us? Everything in bold describes him to a T. He is the only player in the NFL that I can confidently say without exhaggerating that I can tackle/hit harder/be less of a bitch than. Not saying I'm more athletic or better at football, because that would be an absurd comment, but I'm less afraid to hit someone. Maybe Godfreys a good corner because he's not afraid to tackle someone from behind, but he has yet to square up and hit someone after two years. Say what you want about Chris Harris coverage abilities, at least he'll lay the wood on a runningback coming out of the flat. Godfrey will only try to go low, and get juked while doing it.

Martin has shown too much promise to benched now. I mean even if Martin is bad as you like to think he is, Godfrey is no better and if anything Martin has shown he has a nose for the football, but alot of that has to do with the fact that he has so much range.

Word. Martin has shown to be a great ballhawking player & if we keep him where he's at in few years, he will be a beast & the finest around since Minter.

Apparently you only been watching the Miami game where even Beason was playing awful as well. Look at the 3 games before Miami: Cardinals, Saints, & Falcons. Martin was great in those 3, even when we lost to the Saints. You can't just say Martin is bad by just one game, 'cause every good players will have a bad game or two since they aren't perfect. Nobody is perfect.

you must not have been watching closely. at least not the two previous games. against the cards and saints he was everywhere and hitting hard and making tackles....much more than godfrey. martin was able to get to where the play was being made.

plus, when has godfrey ever looked as good as martin has in the past 3 weeks? how long did it take for him to get his 1 INT? his career he has only had 6 pass deflects. martin has had 4 already. just as a pass defender, martin has every reason to hold on to his job.

After watching him play vs Miami, I'm calling for Godfrey to remain the starter..It can't get anyworse than that for a FS. I give Martin credit he is a dam good defensive player, but he acts like he doesn't want to hit anyone. His pursuit angles, tackle attempts, man.......we need a new FS.

Of course I meant Martin in the thread title

Okay maybe my brain isn't working and I can't think right now, but are you saying we need a new FS because our's doesn't hit or like to hit? If that is the case, you might have a problem finding someone to fill that spot and play that role... not too many starting FS in the league who are big hitters; the biggest one being Dawkins, who is a rare person at that position. Typically a FS isn't going to be a big hitter because they are there to rome around; your SS is going to be the big hitter since he is the one involved in stopping the run, not the ball hawk, FS. JMO.

Archived