• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keeping Rhule but replacing assistants

Mr. Scot

There's no shortage of "we could do this" or "we could try that" scenarios here and elsewhere, but it all begs the question...

If you have to go to these kinds of lengths because of your head coach, why are you keeping him at all?

The ultimate answer is that he just needs to go. I don't know if he will, but he should.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's no shortage of "we could do this" or "we could try that" scenarios here and elsewhere, but it all begs the question...

If you have to go to these kinds of lengths because of your head coach, why are you keeping him at all?

The ultimate answer is that he just needs to go. I don't know if he will, but he should.

I wish I knew the "process" to build this team.  Just going off observation it appeared to be build the defense first and then the offense. 

Then came this win now bs when it appeared they hadn't even completed building the defense let alone starting on the offense. They seemed to be all over the map in building this thing. Are we still building the defense or is it there?  Was the plan to take 2 seasons to build the defense and then 2 more to build the offense and then go all in? 

That's what looked like until they started that win now bs. Now it's... we'll I don't know what it is. 

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I wish I knew the "process" to build this team.  Just going off observation it appeared to be build the defense first and then the offense. 

Then came this win now bs when it appeared they hadn't even completed building the defense let alone starting on the offense. They seemed to be all over the map in building this thing. Are we still building the defense or is it there?  Was the plan to take 2 seasons to build the defense and then 2 more to build the offense and then go all in? 

That's what looked like until they started that win now bs. Now it's... we'll I don't know what it is. 

He has a process in his head, but he's tied to silly things like arm length and crap of that sort...

There are trained auto mechanics who could tell you all the ins and outs of a car and diagnose a problem deep within the engine just by listening to it run for about thirty seconds.

Then there are guys who think they know car repair because they go on YouTube to look up how to change a car's oil or air filter or whatever.

Matt Rhule is that second guy.

So basically, the job of repairing the Panthers needs to be taken away from him and given over to a true, certified mechanic.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He has a process in his head, but he's tied to silly things like arm length and crap of that sort...

There are trained auto mechanics who could tell you all the ins and outs of a car and diagnose a problem deep within the engine just by listening to it run for about thirty seconds.

Then there are guys who think they know car repair because they go on YouTube to look up how to change a car's oil or air filter or whatever.

Matt Rhule is that second guy.

So basically, the job of repairing the Panthers needs to be taken away from him and given over to a true, certified mechanic.

I agree. But there is a shortage of certified mechanics right now. A serious shortage.  There is no limit to the YouTube mechanics. 

My concern is the we don't have anyone in charge that can tell the difference.