• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Questions about MW2 multiplayer

stankowalski

some of the things that get you XP are pretty stupid. i looked at the challenges, and saw there was one that awards 500XP. forget what its called, but all you have to do is fall more than so many feet to your death. after seeing that I just immediately jumped off highrise the next time I played on it.

The thing I find annoying is that I practically have to unload a clip on someone to kill them while I run into people that can kill me with 1-4 shots. I'm not well versed on all these weapons so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's ridiculous watching the kill screen or whatever it is and seeing me firing at someone before they fire at me, and they are shooting all over the place...not steady at all, and they kill me.

I found that problem when using the M4, even with FMJ activated, it has absolutely no stopping power - you have to basically unload a clip into their chest to kill them.

My general playing style means I like to skirt the battlefield and engage from distance using the scope, but with the M4 that means headshots or you don't kill them. I was definitely scared off from mixing it in the middle due to this weapon - you almost always lose those surprise close encounters.

I've moved on to the SCAR recently and I've had much more success (though I don't have the scope at the moment). It has much more stopping power and it's just as accurate as an M4 - basically it's superior in every way. I'm still finding people running around a corner and running through a hail of bullets to kill me, but that's a flaw in the game rather than the fault of the gun (and if one more person stabs me after running through said hail I'm going to kill someone).

Having said that, people who run around with heavy machine guns deserve to be stabbed in the face. Those things are as cheap as you can get - they shoot through anything (like Kurb, I'm tired of being shot through walls) and are pretty much one shot kill weapons (with the right upgrades) and are fully automatic - they almost guarantee the wielder wins those surprise close encounters the majority of the game is based on. They need to be balanced out by preventing the player from running if they equip one.

The difference between the red dot sight and the holographic sight is that the holographic sight sucks.

As for sniper rifles, they're difficult to use - at the moment I daren't use one because I don't have cold blooded or ninja i.e. any sort of air support decimates you (and I loathe dying from those things) and any muppet with a heartbeat sensor can find you. If you can't hide as a sniper you're toast.

I've moved on to the SCAR recently and I've had much more success (though I don't have the scope at the moment). It has much more stopping power and it's just as accurate as an M4 - basically it's superior in every way. I'm still finding people running around a corner and running through a hail of bullets to kill me, but that's a flaw in the game rather than the fault of the gun (and if one more person stabs me after running through said hail I'm going to kill someone).

Having said that, people who run around with heavy machine guns deserve to be stabbed in the face. Those things are as cheap as you can get - they shoot through anything (like Kurb, I'm tired of being shot through walls) and are pretty much one shot kill weapons (with the right upgrades) and are fully automatic - they almost guarantee the wielder wins those surprise close encounters the majority of the game is based on. They need to be balanced out by preventing the player from running if they equip one.

The difference between the red dot sight and the holographic sight is that the holographic sight sucks.

I use the SCAR a lot, and I will continue to do so until I unlock the M16. I hear its awesome. 4 levels to go.

On the heavy machine gun thing...ever noticed the mobility rating. They have much lower ones, and the people you want to stab in the face are likely combining it with perks like Lightweight and Marathon.

LMGs are fine. By default you can pull up SMG and AR's faster than LMG users. If you are getting beat up close against LMG users you just aren't fast enough or you're moving TOO fast or they are using other perks (I don't see this that often). Use Slight of Hand Pro and you can aim down sight much faster.

SCAR is a good gun, I prefer it on smaller, close range maps (Highrise, Scrapyard, etc). M16 is good too, statistically probably the best gun, but the FAMAs is honestly not much different it's really personal preference. The ACR is where it's at. No recoil and is accurate. It's less powerful but with stopping power you are OK. It's so accurate that more of your bullets hit the target than with a gun with more power and less accuracy and more recoil. I also like putting a silencer on the ACR for maps like Wasteland and Derail. I don't feel like I lose power or range with the silencer on it like most other guns.

The holographic sights do not suck, they are just personal preference. I like it and it works fine for me.

Don't get "crutched" on gimmick things like heart beat sensors, FMJ, etc. You'll find yourself relying on them too much. In regular TDM Scavenger or Slight of Hand should be the top perk (hardcore is different).

Anybody gotten on top of Highrise yet? I learned the trick to it last night, and can now do it nearly every time. Doing this with a sniper class that includes tactical insertion = lots of kills. If you don't know what i'm talking about then search youtube for it. i'd show you, but i am work without access to that site right now.

There are also ways to get on top of the plane in terminal, and on the bridge in underpass. I haven't been able to do those.

Anybody gotten on top of Highrise yet? I learned the trick to it last night, and can now do it nearly every time. Doing this with a sniper class that includes tactical insertion = lots of kills. If you don't know what i'm talking about then search youtube for it. i'd show you, but i am work without access to that site right now.

There are also ways to get on top of the plane in terminal, and on the bridge in underpass. I haven't been able to do those.

You're VERY exposed while getting up there, I've gotten ton's of kills from people trying. Plus once you're there people will know from the death cams. I guess it'd be pretty effective if you get a tactical insertion up there but I haven't bothered doing it.

You're VERY exposed while getting up there, I've gotten ton's of kills from people trying. Plus once you're there people will know from the death cams. I guess it'd be pretty effective if you get a tactical insertion up there but I haven't bothered doing it.

As long as you don't shoot too much there are people who will leave you completly alone.

Indeed. I don't get it either. It takes more kills to unlock yet i prefer the red dot.

I either use the SCAR with Bling(red dot and grenade launcher) or LMG....The AUG is bad ass.

The M-16 is pretty good....it's accurate, powerful and will save you ammo since it is a 3 round burst....but i went back the SCAR when i got 300 kills with the m-16

Archived