• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A QB that can be a TE, FB and QB.

Jangler

That's right. The Golden Calf of Bristol! A QB that can run the wildcat. A QB that has the fire to be a winner. A QB that might just fall to us in the draft. He would be perfect for us with DWill And JStew. I know alot of you you are not liking The Golden Calf of Bristol but, with the wildcat (and I'm not a fan of it) he is a fit. He is fiery, just what a lot of people like about Jake. He won't pout like Cutler if mistakes are made. He is a natural leader and a perfect QB to keep the team motivated. And another thing....... he is the type of player JR wants on his team.

Tim-Tebow.jpg

you were one of my favorite posters :( sad to see you've been sucked in

QB's I Like

1. The Golden Calf of Bristol (Florida)

2. Colt McCoy (Texas)

3. Dan LeFevour (Central Michigan)

4. Case Keenum (Houston)

5. Max Hall (Brigham Young)

6. Dominic Randolph (Holy Cross)

7. Matt Nichols (Eastern Washington)

8. Cameron Higgins (Weber State)

9. Armanti Edwards (Appalachian State)

10. Bradley George (Texas State)

I really like The Golden Calf of Bristol....as a college QB. I'm not saying he can't play pro ball, but his release is not good. He takes the ball too far below his waste on his delivery, which is just asking to be stripped. He throws a lot of "lame duck" passes as well. The one thing you can say about him is he doesn't make many mistakes. He is not one of those QB's who will continue to force passes throughout a game. If he goes late, then I say take him and see.

Apparently somebody did not watch the UF vs. OU game last year.

You don't run the Spread Option in the NFL all that much. That's all he's done for four years. I probably have more teeth in my mouth than times he's taken a snap from under center...and let me tell you, I'm only missing one wisdom tooth.

His heart is amazing, as is his spirit and religious devotion, he's a warrior, he can run it very well...but he is not your typical NFL QB and the game will not change for him.

I really like The Golden Calf of Bristol....as a college QB. I'm not saying he can't play pro ball, but his release is not good. He takes the ball too far below his waste on his delivery, which is just asking to be stripped. He throws a lot of "lame duck" passes as well. The one thing you can say about him is he doesn't make many mistakes. He is not one of those QB's who will continue to force passes throughout a game. If he goes late, then I say take him and see.

Rip Scherer can work on his mechanics since he is a young QB, that is one thing he could not really do with Jake considering he has been in the NFL for 11 years.

As far as Golden Tate goes, I would rather have one of these guys.

1. Terrell Hudgins (Elon) 50 Career TD's

2. Emmanuel Sanders (Southern Methodist) 33 Career TD's

3. Tysson Poots (Southern Utah) 32 Career TD's

4. Austin Pettis (Boise State) 29 Career TD's

5. Jordan Shipley (Texas) 29 Career TD's

6. Dezmon Briscoe (Kansas) 29 Career TD's

7. Pat Simonds (Colgate) 28 Career TD's

8. Naaman Roosevelt (Buffalo) 28 Career TD's

9. Buddy Farnham (Brown) 27 Career TD's

10. Freddie Barnes (Bowling Green) 25 Career TD's

I don't care about the QB issue. Jake is off and on, and were fugin' stuck with him until Fox is gone. Might as well get used to him, cause he's gonna be the starter for the next few seasons. Moose is getting old. Someone needs to replace him at some point. I like Kenny Moore, and I think he will develop into an excellent receiver. If anything, I would look to find a new OC, a promising DE, a promising SS, possibly another good DT, a good Punt Returner, a new QB coach, and a new Special Teams coach this coming offseason.

We've got great FS, CB, LB, RB, WR, FB, OL, and TE players. No problems with talent or depth there. We will lose Hollis Thomas after this season, but we will have Tank and Kemo. But another DT couldn't hurt. Harris is a beast, but we need depth in that position. If he doesn't sign a contract, Pep will be gone after this season. So a new DE is almost necessary. We have a few, but nobody too amazing in comparison to Pep. We have a QB that sucks, and a new one is needed. But as long as Jake's butt buddy (Fox) is still in the HC office, he isn't going anywhere.

There's only a few problems here and there on this team in key places that bring the team down.

I don't care about the QB issue. Jake is off and on, and were f**kin' stuck with him until Fox is gone. Might as well get used to him, cause he's gonna be the starter for the next few seasons. Moose is getting old. Someone needs to replace him at some point. I like Kenny Moore, and I think he will develop into an excellent receiver. If anything, I would look to find a new OC, a promising DE, a promising SS, possibly another good DT, a good Punt Returner, a new QB coach, and a new Special Teams coach this coming offseason.

We've got great FS, CB, LB, RB, WR, FB, OL, and TE players. No problems with talent or depth there. We will lose Hollis Thomas after this season, but we will have Tank and Kemo. But another DT couldn't hurt. Harris is a beast, but we need depth in that position. If he doesn't sign a contract, Pep will be gone after this season. So a new DE is almost necessary. We have a few, but nobody too amazing in comparison to Pep. We have a QB that sucks, and a new one is needed. But as long as Jake's butt buddy (Fox) is still in the HC office, he isn't going anywhere.

There's only a few problems here and there on this team in key places that bring the team down.

Here's to letting the HC and QB ruin our team and franchise since we're "stuck" with them. Yet we can get rid of anybody else like it's nothing. :cheers2:

That's right. The Golden Calf of Bristol! A QB that can run the wildcat. A QB that has the fire to be a winner. A QB that might just fall to us in the draft. He would be perfect for us with DWill And JStew. I know alot of you you are not liking The Golden Calf of Bristol but, with the wildcat (and I'm not a fan of it) he is a fit. He is fiery, just what a lot of people like about Jake. He won't pout like Cutler if mistakes are made. He is a natural leader and a perfect QB to keep the team motivated. And another thing....... he is the type of player JR wants on his team.

Tim-Tebow.jpg

Your crazy. He'd be lucky to survive his first year as QB.

Pop quiz: Can anyone name a single, successful starting quarterback in the NFL today that played in a spread offense throughout his entire college career? The only possible answer is Vince Young and that's certainly arguable and it hasn't happened for him until his fourth year in the league.

So, to the The Golden Calf of Bristol fans, are you prepared to POSSIBLY have success from him four seasons from now? What's the plan to get him ready? Throw him out there immediately next season as a rookie? Languish behind Jake Delhomme, the worst starting quarterback in the NFL, for another season? Maybe another THREE OR FOUR seasons?

Meanwhile, as we go through this LONG preparation period for The Golden Calf of Bristol, our veterans continue to age. Moose and Kasay will have retired. DeAngelo Williams will have hit that nasty 30-year-old mark for running backs. 89 will be 34 years old.

Sound like a fun plan to you guys?

You don't run the Spread Option in the NFL all that much. That's all he's done for four years. I probably have more teeth in my mouth than times he's taken a snap from under center...and let me tell you, I'm only missing one wisdom tooth.

His heart is amazing, as is his spirit and religious devotion, he's a warrior, he can run it very well...but he is not your typical NFL QB and the game will not change for him.

yeah, I can't imagine a QB on this team be a guy who gets most of his snaps from shotgun. Given that no matter who it is, his primary responsibility will be to hand off.

Past that, if you were to invest time and money into a spread QB who has no experience from under center, that guy is McCoy.

Archived