• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Power Rankings

shaq

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If reports and video was correct and he’s still out of shape, it wouldn’t surprise me either. That’s why lumping BC and Brown together makes no sense. One played and is a potential starter. Still miffed we passed on Smith multiple times. BC could truly be working at C to have a long term answer in place at all spots. 

Yeah, I am not personally a big believer in BC but he is athletic enough to be a pretty good center. I just think his footwork and his lack of power are always going to be a problem almost anywhere on the line. 

The Brown infatuation I just don't get at this point. If he hasn't figured out how to control his diet and stay in shape through college and a year+ in the NFL....he isn't motivated to be an NFL player, IMO.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I am not personally a big believer in BC but he is athletic enough to be a pretty good center. I just think his footwork and his lack of power are always going to be a problem almost anywhere on the line. 

The Brown infatuation I just don't get at this point. If he hasn't figured out how to control his diet and stay in shape through college and a year+ in the NFL....he isn't motivated to be an NFL player, IMO.

I'm hoping Brady's perceived lack of power is really just a product of his footwork/technique and that if those can be coached up, he won't get bulldozed so much.  Poor footwork = poor balance = easier to get pushed around.  He seems like an objectively strong dude if we go off of his benchpress (30 reps), which I know isn't a very reliable indicator of playing strength, but at least it's partially a measure of foundational strength.  Although benching is also inherently easier with his adorable lil baby arms, so there's that too.

5 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I'm hoping Brady's perceived lack of power is really just a product of his footwork/technique and that if those can be coached up, he won't get bulldozed so much.  Poor footwork = poor balance = easier to get pushed around.  He seems like an objectively strong dude if we go off of his benchpress (30 reps), which I know isn't a very reliable indicator of playing strength, but at least it's partially a measure of foundational strength.  Although benching is also inherently easier with his adorable lil baby arms, so there's that too.

Yeah, we will see. I wasn't impressed with last season. I know everyone oohed and aahed over him being better than Cam Erving but that's not a great bar for success. 

It would be nice if he developed somewhere or at least grew into a solid backup player. We need to get that OL better ASAP. 

It will be interesting to see the battles between BC, Jordan, Bozeman and Corbett(and maybe Mays) for those three starting spots.