• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thor love and thunder

MickMixon'sMetaphors

It was fine. I went and saw it because I had free time on Saturday, and I keep forgetting I saw it. Made no lasting impression. Christian Bale was perhaps a mistake in casting, because he brings real acting gravitas to the role to the point where he's just acting circles around the Marvel pretty people. It really stands out.

It doesn't hold a candle to Ragnarok. But honestly, almost nothing does. That's one of the most fun movies I've seen in the last decade. Still, I'll see anything Taika Waititi makes. And if this is him missing the mark, he still outclasses 90% of directors working today in terms of making an entertaining product.

But I will say, it was great to see a packed movie theater again! Not an empty seat in the house, and the box office returns are great. So I guess general audiences haven't tired of Marvel yet.