• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bo Nix

Puresteel55

DRAFT PROFILE: BIO
Bo Nix from Pinson Valley High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Nix opted to join Auburn.

In 2019 as a freshman Nix saw action in 13 games for the Tigers as he threw for an impressive 2538 yards on 382 attempts with a completion percent of 56.8 for an average of 6.6 yards per pass, with a decent 16 TDs, while taking 16 sacks, and a decent QB rating of 84.5. He added 85 runs for a total of 429 yards at an average of 5.0 per run.

In 2020 as a sophomore he played in 11 games as he passed for an impressive 2412 yards on 361 attempts with a completion percent of 59.3 for an average of 6.7 yards per pass, with a decent 12 TDs, while also taking 17 sacks, and putting up a decent QB rating of 82.3. He made 93 runs for a total of 480 yards at an average of 5.2 per rush.

As a junior in 2021 Nix played a total of 10 games. He passed for an impressive 2293 yards on 327 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 60.2 for an average of 7.0 yards per attempt, with a decent 11 TDs, and allowing 11 sacks, with a decent QB rating on the year of 88.9. As a runner he logged 52 runs for a total of 268 yards at an average of 5.2 per run.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • He’s good enough as a runner to work read-option plays, keeping back-side defenders in place.
  • Picks up yards with his legs when needed.
  • He’s an athlete who runs well and must be accounted for in the read-option game.
  • Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
  • Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
  • Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
  • He’s far too quick to lower his eyes and look for a running lane after moving off his first read (too many plays in college that won’t translate to the NFL).
  • Mechanically, his stride is inconsistent, adding to accuracy issues. His decision making after the snap is shaky.
  • Nix gets sloppy with his mechanics on the move, losing accuracy as Nix relies too much on his arm.

Well I didn’t get slandered as bad as I did when I suggested we sell out to get Justin Herbert! I don’t think that there was even one huddler who thought he could be a franchise QB. Hope I’m wrong about Nix, especially if he goes 4th or higher.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 
Thank you for sharing yours.