• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last of Us on HBO Max

Varking

If the emotional punch explaining Ellie's bite, her hard exterior and her terror at getting close to and losing people is seen as "filler" that "doesn't move the show forward", then maybe character dramas placed in a horror setting aren't your thing.

Hell, I was worried that the Left Behind DLC was going to be its own episode in a show where there wouldn't be enough episodes to properly cover the back half of the game, but they tied it into Jackson perfectly. Hit the emotional "I'm not her" scene and concluded the Tommy party properly, even hit the University well enough for what you needed it to be (less gruesome than the game but still well done). 

Now we get the two darkest moments in the story in back to back episodes and there's plenty of leg room to stretch those moments out well. This couldn't have gone better.

• Pie 1

That was damn near a 1:1 with the game and I like that. This was a peak moment of the game that they had to get right and they absolutely nailed it. Subtle changes that make sense, the core and heart of the moments being the same.

This is how you adapt media btw. Every show adaptation of comics and video games need to take note. Doesn't hurt that Druckmann is directly involved in the show.

• Pie 2

Just now, jayboogieman said:

It's over. Good show for the most part which is surprising since it stuck closely to the game in a lot of places. This show was the rare game to TV/Film that worked out.

I’m gutted that it’s over for now but Succession should have an amazing last season here in the next couple weeks.