• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Offensive Lineman Class: Damn

Bear Hands

This is pretty wild.  I know we've got a good situation on the OL, FINALLY, but I thought the 2021 draft is proving to be pretty great on the line.  I'm missing some but the highlights/notable starters:

(2 obvious ones) Sewell & Slater were the studs at the top.  Both proving to be excellent players, but if you look at the rest, just damn:

Pick 23 - Christian Darrisaw: Quality starting LT for the Vikes.  Was a boom/bust type from VT that really seems to have turned out nicely

Pick 37 - Landon Dickerson: High end starting LG for the NFC favorite Eagles

Pick 39 - Panthers traded down (Starting G Teven Jenkins is the pick for CHI, often injured but VERY good when he plays)

Pick 42 - Liam Eichenberg - Playoff Starting LG.  Had an injury mid-year but has definitely had more ups than downs

Pick 45 - Walker Little - Starting LT Jacksonville.  Was a similar prospect to Darrisaw with many people iffy on him, but he turned it up late season

Pick 46 - Jackson Carman - Has proven to be a very effective lineman.  Had some growing pains--Bengals had him at G but looks way more capable at LT after last night's performance. He was GREAT.

Pick 48 - Aaron Banks - Quality starting guard for the Niners.  Has played really well his first few seasons with minimal hiccups.

Pick 62 - Josh Myers - Starting Center for GB, has been pretty good

Pick 63 - Creed Humphrey - Monster starting center for KC.  Going to be a cog there for a WHILE

Pick 70 - Brady Christensen - Our own starting LG that is capable of being a strong backup LT

Pick 93 - Spencer Brown - Starting RT for Buffalo.   Has been good but did have a rough one in the snow

Pick 114 - Drew Dalman - Starting C for ATL.  Has had pretty positive reviews for the Falcons.  Started almost right out the gate.

Pick 128 - Dan Moore - Starting LT for PIT.  But has been rough and panned by fans.  Although he seemed to turn a corner late in the year with some good games.

Pick 142 - Royce Newman - Packers starting RG who's faired pretty well.  Had some rough games but earned his spot

Pick 226 - Trey Smith - Starting guard KC, and one of the better ones in the league

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 9:20 AM, Bear Hands said:

This is pretty wild.  I know we've got a good situation on the OL, FINALLY, but I thought the 2021 draft is proving to be pretty great on the line.  I'm missing some but the highlights/notable starters:

(2 obvious ones) Sewell & Slater were the studs at the top.  Both proving to be excellent players, but if you look at the rest, just damn:

Pick 23 - Christian Darrisaw: Quality starting LT for the Vikes.  Was a boom/bust type from VT that really seems to have turned out nicely

Pick 37 - Landon Dickerson: High end starting LG for the NFC favorite Eagles

Pick 39 - Panthers traded down (Starting G Teven Jenkins is the pick for CHI, often injured but VERY good when he plays)

Pick 42 - Liam Eichenberg - Playoff Starting LG.  Had an injury mid-year but has definitely had more ups than downs

Pick 45 - Walker Little - Starting LT Jacksonville.  Was a similar prospect to Darrisaw with many people iffy on him, but he turned it up late season

Pick 46 - Jackson Carman - Has proven to be a very effective lineman.  Had some growing pains--Bengals had him at G but looks way more capable at LT after last night's performance. He was GREAT.

Pick 48 - Aaron Banks - Quality starting guard for the Niners.  Has played really well his first few seasons with minimal hiccups.

Pick 62 - Josh Myers - Starting Center for GB, has been pretty good

Pick 63 - Creed Humphrey - Monster starting center for KC.  Going to be a cog there for a WHILE

Pick 70 - Brady Christensen - Our own starting LG that is capable of being a strong backup LT

Pick 93 - Spencer Brown - Starting RT for Buffalo.   Has been good but did have a rough one in the snow

Pick 114 - Drew Dalman - Starting C for ATL.  Has had pretty positive reviews for the Falcons.  Started almost right out the gate.

Pick 128 - Dan Moore - Starting LT for PIT.  But has been rough and panned by fans.  Although he seemed to turn a corner late in the year with some good games.

Pick 142 - Royce Newman - Packers starting RG who's faired pretty well.  Had some rough games but earned his spot

Pick 226 - Trey Smith - Starting guard KC, and one of the better ones in the league

Good class no doubt, but Eichenberg has been horrible for Miami. Dude falls down half the time and gets bullied 90% of the time. 

The 2021 draft was loaded, not just oline, but all the way around. It will eventually go down as one of the best drafts ever. 

59 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Good class no doubt, but Eichenberg has been horrible for Miami. Dude falls down half the time and gets bullied 90% of the time. 

The 2021 draft was loaded, not just oline, but all the way around. It will eventually go down as one of the best drafts ever. 

I thought he played well when Armstead was in next to him.  Like I mentioned though he definitely had downs.  It was worst when the line got banged up he really fell apart.  Given they have a new OL coach coming in and an offseason to condition, he could still be good.  Mixed bag with him so far.   

13 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I thought he played well when Armstead was in next to him.  Like I mentioned though he definitely had downs.  It was worst when the line got banged up he really fell apart.  Given they have a new OL coach coming in and an offseason to condition, he could still be good.  Mixed bag with him so far.   

He even graded out as their worst starter. When he was hurt and Jones played LG in his absence the line was better. Eichenberg was grading out in the low 30's consistently while Jones was in the low 60's. He has terrible feet/footwork, leans too much, and gets overpowered. Maybe a new line coach will help him

Edited by TheProcess