• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gant on Bill Cowher.

Jbro

If you pull up any sports reporter/writer/anyalst comments from the past an look at it in hindsight, youll see just the same amount of inaccuracy.

Really? Because from what I dug up, Gantt was completely and utterly wrong on over 75% of his blog posts where he mused about how things would turn out.

Certain posters on this site that don't get paid a single cent have a *much* better track record at predicting how things would turn out.

Really? Because from what I dug up, Gantt was completely and utterly wrong on over 75% of his blog posts where he mused about how things would turn out.

Certain posters on this site that don't get paid a single cent have a *much* better track record at predicting how things would turn out.

Really. Just look on past espn,SI,fox, articles, specifically predictions ones. I doubt after a whole year any reporter who post their opnion frequently would have a sucsess rate of 50 percent.

I didn't post his stupid game predictions. I'm talking about more substantive things like personnel decisions. Like how Jake Delhomme was clearly the best quarterback on the roster and, my favorite, "No they should not be looking for a new quarterback this offseason. The reasons are numerous and valid". If that's not a lol-worthy quote, I don't know what is.

I didn't post his stupid game predictions. I'm talking about more substantive things like personnel decisions. Like how Jake Delhomme was clearly the best quarterback on the roster and, my favorite, "No they should not be looking for a new quarterback this offseason. The reasons are numerous and valid". If that's not a lol-worthy quote, I don't know what is.

All the same. You wont see to much of a diffrence from other websites/papers, there are some exceptions (micheal lombardis site comes to mind). But not many.

That being said he does seem to say some things with sumpreme confidence, without going into whole lot of reasons. But then agian there are alot of writers like that

Obsess much? (Sheesh :nonod:)

MaineMan is right. Every writer makes predictions at the start of the season and the majority of them look silly by week six, sometimes earlier. That's one of the big reasons I watch football in the first place, the unpredictability.

Here's the bad news. At season's end Gantt's still going to be getting paid to write about the team in an established news outlet while all of us just gab about it for free on the internet.

Gantt covers the Panthers more thoroughly than almost everyone else with the exception of Chandler (Reed's gotten better over the past year or so). He's not near the homer some portray him to be. He just has his opinions. Fair amount of time I agree with him. Other times not.

What I don't do is get all pissy and emotional when something he writes happens to contradict one of my opinions or ideas. People on here act like he kicked their dog :frown2:

I'm shocked that you would defend him Scot. Shocked I say. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you were saying the exact same things DG was saying since January that turned out to be completely and totally wrong...

Really? Think you can back that up?

Post Mortem on Delhomme (1/11)

The Unemployment Line (1/11)

The Time Has Come (9/14)

How to Fix It: Quarterback (9/29)

Apparently someone else has been posting under my ID :rolleyes:

For the record, you have posts in these threads, so it's not like you haven't seen them.

Bottom Line: I don't judge the quality of a journalist's writing based on whether he agrees with me.

Archived