• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bills new stadium will have a grass field

NAS

49 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Who cares what we want. What do the players want? We don’t play on it. And we already know the answer.

And what are you on about profitable? Lol they are PLENTY profitable with just the NFL but let’s be real there is never enough profit for some.

You can have it both ways it just comes with less profits. Thats the issue and is not one people want to discuss and for good reason. You can’t not look like a complete ass and POS human by arguing for turf for better profit and worse player safety/health.

Well for one, I know players don't enjoy playing up on completely torn up fields like we used to have late in the season because of non NFL use.

And I'm not so sure stadiums make enough on their 8 NFL game days a season to be profitable, it costs a lot of money to run a stadium of that size.  Sure, if you just look at how much money an NFL team makes, they're not losing money, but I'm sure if you looked at the profits/loss statement for solely stadium operations and game day profits, there's no way they're profitable without using the stadium for other things the other 350+ days out of the year.

29 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Well for one, I know players don't enjoy playing up on completely torn up fields like we used to have late in the season because of non NFL use.

And I'm not so sure stadiums make enough on their 8 NFL game days a season to be profitable, it costs a lot of money to run a stadium of that size.  Sure, if you just look at how much money an NFL team makes, they're not losing money, but I'm sure if you looked at the profits/loss statement for solely stadium operations and game day profits, there's no way they're profitable without using the stadium for other things the other 350+ days out of the year.

Average NFL stadium seat capacity = 65k

Average NFL ticket price = $150.

~$10 million per game.

$80 million in stadium ticket revenue per season.

Does not include concessions and club box seating revenue.

Does it cost more than 100 mill a year to run a stadium? I doubt it.