• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR room (add another injury)

ncfan

10 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Fitt aint out there injuring these WRs himself you big dumb babies. No we didnt need Hopkins with his price tag at the time and still dont. He wouldnt come here anyway with a new QB with new coaches and a new system. You guys act like we can make anyone come here against their will.

I think he would reconsider since currently he's unemployed.  At the right price I think Hopkins would be a good fit for us.  He's a veteran WR that would be great for Shenault as well as Mingo and TMJ.

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The sad part injuries was my main concern in wanting to sign him.

I said we are a WR injury away from that position being really limited from a production standpoint. All I kept hearing was "he would take away reps from the young guys". Now we have multiple injuries at WR and now have to depend on the rookie Mingo and Thielen to carry the load early in the season.smh

It was always a matter of contract cost and length. At the time we were talking a 1 year deal in the 18-20 per year range, plus he was saying he didn't want to play for a team with a rookie QB. That would have taken reps from our young guys with a 1 year rental that had said he didn't want to be here. If he was only here for the $$$, that could end up causing issues for our QB. A lot of potential issues were flying around him. 

If we had been able to work out a deal for a few years, things might have been different and we'd be in much better shape than we are now. 

I wanted Hopkins and thought he would have been great for BY as long as he genuinely wanted to be here. We wasted money on Chark. I don't know who seriously expected him to play half the season if even that much. 

Sky is falling. Shenault in concussion protocol that don't sound like a season ender.  Should be fine for week 1.  Chark's hammy is concerning if it's a bad strain. We will have to see. Shi should get some reps while everyone gets healthy.  Is TMJ's injury healing well?  I just gotta say my mantra for this season. We gonna be fine. We knew it was going to be the Mingo and Adam show with some Miles and Hurst sprinkled in.   When cuts are done somebody gonna fall through the cracks at WR.  The Jennings kid that caught the TD looked to have some size to him.  I'm not ready to trade Corrall and Chinn for another teams flotsam.  Say it with me.  We gonna be fine. Save some gloom and doom for when the season has actually started.  

6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think he would reconsider since currently he's unemployed.  At the right price I think Hopkins would be a good fit for us.  He's a veteran WR that would be great for Shenault as well as Mingo and TMJ.

He signed with the Titans awhile ago 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It was always a matter of contract cost and length. At the time we were talking a 1 year deal in the 18-20 per year range, plus he was saying he didn't want to play for a team with a rookie QB. That would have taken reps from our young guys with a 1 year rental that had said he didn't want to be here. If he was only here for the $$$, that could end up causing issues for our QB. A lot of potential issues were flying around him. 

If we had been able to work out a deal for a few years, things might have been different and we'd be in much better shape than we are now. 

I wanted Hopkins and thought he would have been great for BY as long as he genuinely wanted to be here. We wasted money on Chark. I don't know who seriously expected him to play half the season if even that much. 

It doesn't matter where he wanted to be. If he didn't perform he wouldn't get paid the following season.

It was about money, he signed to play with a lower tier QB.

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It doesn't matter where he wanted to be. If he didn't perform he wouldn't get paid the following season.

It was about money, he signed to play with a lower tier QB.

I have never thought much on Tanneyhill and will get laughed at for saying it but I think the Titans have two players in Levis and Willis that have loads of potential if both are given a shot. They will eventually trade Willis and I think he turns in to something good while Levis will eventually too but Willis first.

As far as Hopkins goes, you know I didnt want him due to him hindering the development of the younger guys but the younger guys cant develop if injured so I appear to be wrong so far but hopefully their injuries are not significant and they get back fast and STAY injury free but some of our young guys have a history of being injured so that may not be the case and I end up looking even more wrong. 

• Pie 2