• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Puka Nacua

NAS

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

I was just looking at the draft results, and even the team that drafted him drafted THREE players ahead of him in the fifth round alone. Boy, their scouting department must really suck according to OP.

Did I say we should draft him earlier than 5th?  No but they could’ve drafted him in 5th knowing their young QB needs weapons they only drafted Mingo 

Edited by NAS

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

Did I say we should draft him earlier than 5th?  No but they could’ve drafted him in 5th knowing their young QB needs weapons they only drafted Mingo 

He was taken with the last comp pick of the 5th round, basically a 6th round pick. Nobody had a 5th round grade on him including the team that drafted him. If we drafted a WR in the 5th instead of Jammie, chances are it would have been a different guy. It’s crazy to look at one player doing what nobody thought they would do, drafted a full round after our pick (32 slots) in the 5th/6th, and blame the team for not drafting him.

56 minutes ago, NAS said:

Repeating what I said elsewhere: What a young quarterback needs most is a guy like we drafted in the fourth round, protection.

People here used to praise the Colts for surrounding Andrew Luck with weapons, but they never invested in protecting him. You saw how that worked out.

There's time to add weapons, but making sure he was protected first is the right call.