• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict the Offseason

KBRed

After reading multiple threads, I am interested in seeing what everyone thinks about our overall offseason...How does it all pan out?

Coaching Staff changes...John Fox stay or go? Meeks? Davidson? Crossman? Who comes in?

Quarterbacks...Who's #1? Who's gone?

Signings...Anquan Boldin? Jason Campbell?...

Trades...Does Peppers get franchised? Does one of our RB's get traded?

Draft...Do we trade up? If so, how? Who do we go after?

After all said and done, what's our record look like next season?

I know this is all repetitive, but I'm excited unlike last year about this offseason, and obviously, it's going to be fun to watch!

Jake is named starter unless he has a catastrophic injury. O-line is issued talking points on their failures as players shortly there after.

John Fox wins his first pre-season game and is extended for 5 years. BigCat says the win shows he has turned it around.

Our first next year and this year's 2nd is traded for a draft pick that isn't a QB.

Peppers is franchised again after the FO shows how badass they are by refusing to let him go or really go after trades for him.(yes i know)

Matt Moore isn't resigned and is released/traded to a team where he wins the starting spot and puts up mildly respectable numbers. Fans refer to Tony Brown and Jovan Haye will filling mugs with their tears.

One of our TE's leave in some fashion and put up good numbers

Charlotte media continues to suck the Panthers teet of press releases so they can continue to hide their hideous lack of talent.

8-8 at best record.

Fox&Co stay. Jake "loses" his starter tag in preseason.

Panthers panic and over pay and reach for a new qb.

They actually sign two solid FA's for the D line and a solid #2 or 3 wr.

They finally answer my emails to get a job evaluating talent and I get to be a scout for the Southeast. Free SEC football ftw.

Jake is named starter unless he has a catastrophic injury. O-line is issued talking points on their failures as players shortly there after.

John Fox wins his first pre-season game and is extended for 5 years. BigCat says the win shows he has turned it around.

Our first next year and this year's 2nd is traded for a draft pick that isn't a QB.

Peppers is franchised again after the FO shows how badass they are by refusing to let him go or really go after trades for him.(yes i know)

Matt Moore isn't resigned and is released/traded to a team where he wins the starting spot and puts up mildly respectable numbers. Fans refer to Tony Brown and Jovan Haye will filling mugs with their tears.

One of our TE's leave in some fashion and put up good numbers

Charlotte media continues to suck the Panthers teet of press releases so they can continue to hide their hideous lack of talent.

8-8 at best record.

:smilielol5: /thread

Offseason will be like this; FAIL...

Next season will suck and John Fox will get a 5yr extension...

(im being sarcastic)

I think the Big Cat will let it be known that this team better perform or he is cleaning house.

Fox gets 1 more year

Jake will play

We will draft a Rookie QB

Make big moves in FA and be serious contenders next season.

Everyone will be talking about how great we are, and the fans will be happy once again..

Fox&Co stay. Jake "loses" his starter tag in preseason.

Panthers panic and over pay and reach for a new qb.

They actually sign two solid FA's for the D line and a solid #2 or 3 wr.

I get a job evaluating talent in Atlanta for actors and Fiz is my first run-in.

:D

Hellish (yet Reasonable) Offseason

JR has another "meeting" with Fox/Hurney...gives them an ultimatum.

They both stay.

Schefer and Davidson get fired...both used as scapegoats.

Fox/Hurney decide to keep Jake...spew BS about hoping Jake can turn it around and having faith in him.

D.Will gets traded for a high 2nd.

Peppers walk.

San Fran drafts a HOF-worthy player with OUR pick.

We draft a QB with one of our 2nds.

In Training Camp, Jake beats out the rookie and Moore even though we all know that it is bull. Fox spews BS about Jake looking "determined" or not looking this good in years.

Matt Moore effectively gets "DeAngelo'd"

Godfrey also starts...but breaks out!

We tank the season again...Delhomme plays even worse...DeAngelo becomes a legit Top 3 RB while Stewart becomes a Top 10 one. Peppers becomes dominant on a consisent basis (15 sack season) while E.Brown posts a 7+ sack season.

My Hopeful (yet Reasonable) Offseason

JR cleans house (Fires Fox/Hurney/Cut Delhomme) it hurts us bad financially, but it is a breathe of fresh air for the franchise and fanbase.

Bill Cowher ISN'T hired...we hire a Defensive Head Coach but Meeks is kept.

Davidson is fired

Peppers is still let go

We DON'T draft a QB with our 2nd...we do with our 3rd

Martin becomes starter and turns into the playmaking safety we've been looking for.

Defense continues to excel

Moore turns into a competent QB

We go 11-5!

-john fox gets fired, shanahan becomes HC.

-meeks stays

-weis becomes the OC

-titans ST CO, alan lowry, comes to carolina

-jake comes back, starts pre-season games but moore is named starter.

-peppers gets traded for a high 1st round pick

-captain munnerlyn is new #2 corner

-we draft a QB in the 3rd round

-sign davone bess and draft another WR

-end result is a 10-6 season.

-win the division by 1 game

-win the superbowl!

fox stays and uses next year as audition.

weis comes in as OC

crossman gets fired and davidson becomes special teams coach and asst. OC under weis (where he'll be squished)

peppers signs a cap friendly deal with the understanding that he will be traded to arizona for boldin. they'll throw some draft picks here and there to make it look complicated.

jake gets another shot at the job but has to compete with moore, mccown, and a FA pickup of some kind. they'll draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round just to appease the fanbase.

Archived