• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The protypical Panthers WR

unicar15

You need two different types of receivers. If you have two speed guys or two possession receivers it hurts your offense.

says who? i consider smith to be top of the tier when it comes to recievers, so how on earth would it hurt to have 2 of him, hypothetically? i dont see how that would restrict the offense. also, smith is an extremely unique wr, i'd say he's a one of a kind in the league. with that being said, it would appear to me that every other team in the football has nothing BUT possession receivers, generally speaking. desean jackson is the closest thing out there right now.

I think the opposition is because we haven't had any good possession wr since Moose. That goes more on evaluation and not the fact that possession receivers isn't doing their thing. It might be time for a new receiver coach, or time we really start evaluating actual talent that could develop to greatness

Combine will be interesting to watch

The interesting thing about Philly. Before Jackson, name the last good wr they drafted.....crickets.

They FINALLY got a good wr in the draft. Now for TE, they have always done well. Celek now and before him LJ Smith. And notice how the moved on with Celek and let LJ walk.

Part of the constant missing on wr's is that stupid, jurassic, moronic mindset of best player available. That's what gets you in trouble.

The Panther's can't figure out what they want in a wr. Some will say a good blocking wr. Ok. Then DON'T draft one in the 1st two rounds.

But they want big and rangy. So they go Carter then Jarrett. They want I don't know what they saw in Colbert.

It's like those wr scouts chill up until the New Year's Day bowls or BCS champ and go..well..looky here.

I don't care if the next wr is fast, rangy or what. Just get open and catch the ball.

Archived