• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why all the flip flopping on john fox?

carolinanimal

i could have swore just about 4-5 weeks ago most of the board was in unison about firing john fox. Now he wins a couple of games and he is vince lombardi!

is our fan base that scared of change? i mean eventually john fox is going to leave the panthers. will we collapse like a house of cards? Probably not. but some on here act as if we will.

i could have swore just about 4-5 weeks ago most of the board was in unison about firing john fox. Now he wins a couple of games and he is vince lombardi!

is our fan base that scared of change? i mean eventually john fox is going to leave the panthers. will we collapse like a house of cards? Probably not. but some on here act as if we will.

They already said he wasn't going anywhere. So why would you still be making Fire Fox threads unless you are Don Quixote and love to try and tilt windmills. Save all the Fire Fox threads for next year when he gives you something to bitch about. Until then why not join all the threads hoping he quits and goes to Cleveland??

I think the problem is that with the team actually looking like contenders, it is difficult to justify firing Fox. Then you putting a team, ready to contend through a complete overhaul of systems and potentially taking them away from being contenders.

The things that frustrate me about Fox are still there and if the team did not perform so well at the end of the season against quality opponents, then I would want him out. Now though, I would rather see this team succeed.

ok. this is not a fire fox thread, (even though it will probably turn into that). my question as pointed out by the thread title asks why are people changing their viewpoint NOW after people adamant about firing fox.

Because he has one year left and we didn't give him an extension so people are willing to play out next year and then see what happens.

I think the problem is that with the team actually looking like contenders, it is difficult to justify firing Fox. Then you putting a team, ready to contend through a complete overhaul of systems and potentially taking them away from being contenders.

The things that frustrate me about Fox are still there and if the team did not perform so well at the end of the season against quality opponents, then I would want him out. Now though, I would rather see this team succeed.

thank you for answering my question and not being a jackass!:D

What you just said is also why many would want john fox fired and possibly why people are on the fence. Deion Sanders said it best: How does a team with 2 1100 yard rushers, a probowl reciever and a top 10 defense end up out of the playoffs?

we should have been contenders this year? not much personnell wise is going to change between here and next year. we may get worse personnel wise, ie losing peppers. so what will be the difference between this year and next year?

Deion Sanders said it best: How does a team with 2 1100 yard rushers, a probowl reciever and a top 10 defense end up out of the playoffs?

Answer: Jake Delhomme and Fox's love affair with him.

Its really amazing when you think about it:

One of Toughest Schedules in NFL

Top 10 Defense, Top Rushing attack, Steve Smith but we had the worst QB in the NFL, which was obvious early on and Fox refused to bench him, even when he was calling plays around Jake to limit his INT's.

So with the worst QB in the NFL, and one of hardest Schedules in the NFC we still manage to go 8-8 based on all the other talent we had.

Next season is a layup for Fox if he comes back and gets average QB play.

Because he has one year left and we didn't give him an extension so people are willing to play out next year and then see what happens.

but didnt those same people know that he had one year on his contract when they were asking for him to be fired? what did they see in these last 4 games that made them change their minds?

thank you for answering my question and not being a jackass!:D

What you just said is also why many would want john fox fired and possibly why people are on the fence. Deion Sanders said it best: How does a team with 2 1100 yard rushers, a probowl reciever and a top 10 defense end up out of the playoffs?

we should have been contenders this year? not much personnell wise is going to change between here and next year. we may get worse personnel wise, ie losing peppers. so what will be the difference between this year and next year?

Our defense wasn't top 10 until late in the season. Plus even with our rushing attack and and Smith we were 21st in points scored, 19th in yards, and 27th in passing yards. Deion Sanders is an idiot and what does that say about anyone who quotes him??

but didnt those same people know that he had one year on his contract when they were asking for him to be fired? what did they see in these last 4 games that made them change their minds?

You have to seperate what people want and the reality of the situation. Fans want to change things left and right, then there is prediciting what will actually happen. Reality is setting in and you move on.

Archived