• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we don't take a WR with our first pick..

unicar15

I highly doubt we draft a DT early on, or even at all...

With Kemo coming back, we currently have Lewis, two guys we traded picks for (Tyler and Leonard), and 2 others we have invested past draft picks in (Hayden and Brayton)...

It could happen that DT is one of the positions we will be willing to trade a future pick to move into the first and get, but it would be the later first/early second much like Everette Brown last year...

I doubt it happens though, and we'll likely stick to what we've got...

Do you really have much faith that a guy that big can come back to full strength in one year?

I don't think he's going to be the same and he was never a monster to begin with.

I don't like saying it but I'd wouldn't mind seeing him cut and some fresh legs brought in.

Do you really have much faith that a guy that big can come back to full strength in one year?

I don't think he's going to be the same and he was never a monster to begin with.

I don't like saying it but I'd wouldn't mind seeing him cut and some fresh legs brought in.

Even if we cut ties with him (I traded him in our Mock draft stuff, lol), we're still 5 deep at least, and I feel comfortable with Lewis, Tyler, and Leonard sharing the starting rotation, and you never know... maybe we'll bring Hollis back...

On another note, please don't let this thread digress into the annual "The Panthers should draft a TE" thread...

ugh..

price is likely off the board round 1, or early round 2 at the very latest. he is getting billed right now as the #3 DT in the draft, and rightfully so. after price it gets intresting as there aere atleast 6 other dts worth a look early on in the draft.

in no particular order:

cody

williams

houston

alualu

odrick

jones

i can see them all going in the 2-4th range depending on workouts and other teams needs. there are 2 3-4 style NT in this group (who could move up like brace did last year), and a bunch of 4-3 UTs.

Not so sure about that. Its almost comparing apples to oranges but for the sake of argument, last years #3 DT (Ron Brace) didn't go off the board till the 8th pick in the 2nd. This years class is deeper at every other positon and the depth of the DT class is the deepest I can recall so he could easily fall to us.

But in case your right I would say we would then go after a WR.

Archived