• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If We Didn't Start 14-0 After 1st quarter......

tukafan21

And still had the same final score and stat lines, I do wonder how this fan base would be reacting right now.  I am by no means trying to say we are a good team or anything like that, but we were always going to lose this game and lose by multiple TDs, I just wonder if it feels worse because of that first quarter when we seemed to catch them looking past us and made them stop and pay attention.

I've clearly been one of the more vocal bashers of this team so far this season, but even I can't help but look at this game as an improvement on the whole.

I'm not going to absolve Bryce of all his struggles today, but the OL completely collapsed at times and put Bryce in bad positions often.  But having said that, I thought Bryce had maybe his 2 or 3 best throws of the season in this game and at times actually looked like a competent QB out there.

Granted he still had a few just head scratching moments and times where he still just looked out of place on the NFL field, which is why I still don't see him being near an elite QB in this league, but I feel better about his future after this game than I did any of the previous games this year.

Chubba looked like a legit NFL RB for much of the game as well, something we haven't seen from the RB position yet this season.  

And sure, the defense gave up 42 points, but did anyone seriously expect us to keep the Dolphins offense under 40 points today?

We're a badly banged up defense right now and sure, we gave up some big plays that cost us today, but everyone does against the Dolphins.  We had far more impressive defensive drives today than I ever expected us to have, I honestly was expecting the Dolphins to roll us up much worse than they did.

Hell, 32% of their yards on the day came on just 3 plays with big plays from Tyreek x2 and Mostert going for over 40 yards on a play.  If you had told me that they'd have had plays of 49, 47, and 41 yards on the day and nothing else, I'd have expected them to have 600 yards and put up 60 points on us, not 426 and 42.

We still suck and I fully expect to be handing over a Top 3 pick to the Bears.  But I think with how we played today and the bye to hopefully let some banged up players heal up, I see the Bears, Texans, Colts, and Titans games coming out of the bye as all winnable games.  No we won't win them all, but I think we end up going 2-2 in them and give this team at least a tiny bit of hope for the future.