• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even in Charlotte you don't get to watch the BCats

panthersphan

:toetap05:

I can't wait until Bob Johnson sells this team.

I try to get into my team, yet they make it so hard. How does this franchise expect to build a long lasting tradition? It's going to be impossible if they can't put together capable minds to function a sustaining organization.

Will it ever happen?

Maybe we can swap Kansas City the Royals for the Bobcats?

I really bugs me that the NBA didn't step in and force New Orleans to give back the name "Hornets". It means nothing to them -- and it's just Shinn being lazy. I really think the Bobcats is an awful name for a team and means nothing to Charlotte. It just a dick move.

Bob Johnson should have at least asked, so we'd at least know he tired.

Oh well --- aside from the name issue, I like the direction this team is going in. Yes, they lost tonight, but if they can find a way to unload Morrison & May, and get one more key piece to the puzzle (a veteran point guard) who can make free throws down the stretch, I think we'll be OK and pull out some of these close games we been losing.

And the TV thing, well that blows.

I don't hate Bob Johnson though. He is spending money and the team still isn't winning and nobody is going to games.. it just has to stuck for everybody. Shinn didn't spend crap, but at least we had some winning seasons.

I went to Charter in Boone today to pay my bill. While there I decided to inquire why the hell we can't watch the Cats. I was given the answer to goto Charter.net and there was nobody there for customer service. There F'ing retards.

yeah charter blows, im happy im graduating so i can deal with a less inept cable compnay in twc. something i noticed in boone was that in the digital cable guide they show the games as being on i think fsc or something yet when i change the channel it is always either poker or best damn show...

you would think the first thing a new franchise would do was to secure a way for everyone to see them play... then again maybe it was a good marketing move wait until the team actually starts playing well to let people watch...

either way im rather apathetic towards the bobcats now, even though i love basketball ill stick with my wolfpack.... who plays florida in t minus 1 minute

you would think the first thing a new franchise would do was to secure a way for everyone to see them play... then again maybe it was a good marketing move wait until the team actually starts playing well to let people watch...

Im pretty sure the Bobcats want everyone to see their games but some of these cable providers dont carry Carolina regional sports. The more people who watch the games means more ad revenue and more exposure so trust Bob Johnson wants you guys to see the games, but if your provider would rather you watch ATL Thrashers and Hawks, thats out of his hands. Its something that goes beyond just the Bobcats as there's parts of NC & SC that dont even carry Panther games, but opt for Redskins & Falcons instead. It really falls on the provider and whether or not people are willing to gripe & moan to make them change.

I do Too. It just like we cant get excited for this new team, like we did for the hornets.

It's almost feels like it's not "our" team...I dunno, it's weird for sure.

I will always miss my Hornets (and those Honey-Bees..."Bee-Fense"!!!)

I'm wearing a Hornets beanie right now actually

The shitty thing about it too..."new" Hornets fans are also Saints fans. If I ever went to an Aints game and saw someone in a Hornets jersey cheering on the Aints it would just make me sick to my stomach. And then to think, they are better than ever and strive w/ North Carolina talent (not to mention a Hornets fan growing up)....The Charlotte Hornets never had a star as big as NC's own Chris Paul...

Just think how hype TWCA would be if it was the "Hive" and it was our Hornets in that beautiful Purple and Teal ...as Winston-Salem's own runs up and down the court...man oh man....:rolleyes::frown5:

"I really bugs me that the NBA didn't step in and force New Orleans to give back the name "Hornets". It means nothing to them -- and it's just Shinn being lazy. I really think the Bobcats is an awful name for a team and means nothing to Charlotte. It just a dick move."

And then to think that Seattle got to keep the "SuperSonics"

It would have been do able....oh well...

"Im pretty sure the Bobcats want everyone to see their games but some of these cable providers dont carry Carolina regional sports."

I get Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Carolinas, and Sports South in Boone. But no Bobcats.

You get to watch everything, even the Bobcats pregame show, and then when the game starts the screen turns black...everytime.

Archived