• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USA Hockey Schedule...

KillerKat

If you look at Russia's defense, it's pretty obvious that they are absolutely screwed against any team that can hit the net. All 3 forwards cherry picking at the blue line while one D man fends off a forecheck, trying to move the puck up the ice prematurely.

I watched the Russia Game Last night... I think the only way they can beat the other top teams is to out score them in a shoot out.

The pressure on Canada to not only win but destroy all opposition might bite them. But I doubt it. They look fabulous.

I cannot imagine the pressure - last winter olympics when we finish in i think 5th there was almost rioting.

I think our problem is that we have too many good players. Last time IMO I think we just filled the roster with the top scoring players. It looked awesome of the paper but we play a physical game and when we try to play that euro style we fail. Not sure if you watched the world JR's but that the same problem that we had there.

This time around we left off some very good players to get the style of guys that fit our style. We need 3 scoring lines and 1 big bruising line. Granted that line could be made up of Iginla, Pronger and others...

usa looked pretty awful from what i watched i really hope they step it up a lot

iginla didn't get the hat trick they gave the last goal to rick nash and not iginla

Affirmative. Team USA had very little teamwork going for them. Two of the goals were unassisted, and Backes' goal was pure individual effort. If we want to compete with the upper-echelon teams such as Canada and Russia, we need some passing. Patrick Kane also looked completely lost out there for the most part. He's a smaller guy. So if he doesn't know exactly what he's supposed to be doing and where he's supposed to be, he gets manhandled.

If we can fix our PP, we can put up the big numbers. Defense should get better as well. I agree with the announcer about the Kessel/Pavelski/Malone line being reliable. Gotta like what Pavs was doing in the face off circle and in front of the net. I still see a solid team that needs more time together.

Archived