• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking for some new Sci/Fi or Fantasy novels.

Kurb

despite?

you didn't know orson scott card is an anti-homosexual bigot? kinda pissed me off, and in hindsight, some of the things that happen in the novel are creepy.

its not the undertones that bother me, its the undertones coming from a bigot that are creepy. gay people don't bother me. straight people that don't know they're gay fug my poo right up.

you didn't know orson scott card is an anti-homosexual bigot? kinda pissed me off, and in hindsight, some of the things that happen in the novel are creepy.

its not the undertones that bother me, its the undertones coming from a bigot that are creepy. gay people don't bother me. straight people that don't know they're gay fug my poo right up.

just joking... yea card is a grade A jerkoff... which is especially interesting in light of his books.

weird guy... smart though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went looking for something new today, since I'm about to finish Lucifer's Hammer...

A good friend had recommended The Scar by China Mieville, but the bookstore I went to didn't have a copy on hand... It is on my list though (and I see it has been mentioned in this thread, too)...

So, I decided to go ahead and snag the first two books of The Malazan Book of the Fallen series... (it had been on my list a while and I've seen it mentioned here too)

I can't believe I am about to jump into a ten book series, but here goes nothing...

Read Perdido Street Station before you tackle The Scar. The Scar isnt a true sequel but the Bas-Lag series has a very loose order to it. If you've never read Mieville, you're in for a real treat. Dude has got a way with the english language that reminds me of why Ill never write a novel.

Im finishing up Wool Omnibus edition by Hugh Howey. Its actually a series of novellas that were published for kindle with 8 out and a ninth expected.

Its a really cool post apocolyptic story that centers around a civilizaion that lives in a silo. They believe that humanity has always lived the way that they do and think things like horses and elephants are no different than dragons and unicorns. The air outside the silo is toxic and speaking of going out is a taboo worthy of being condemed to death by being put outside.

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B0071XO8RA

That sounds really interesting...going to have to check that one out.

Yo man did you ever finish the Rothfuss stuff? After I was done with book two, I was really into the story...

No. I finished the first book, but it really didn't do anything for me. Usually if I don't get hooked in the first half of a book, I'm done. I manned up and finished it out, but didn't really get into it. Not saying it's bad, just obviously not for me.

You should check out Abercrombie's First Law series...it was pretty good.