• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A review of Scott Fitterer's drafts (spoiler alert: they suck)

TN05

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think Tepper pushed for a DB in the top 10.  I don't think he pushed for a run centric LT.   I don't think he pushed for TMJ, Mingo, and on and on. 

I think he pushed for Bryce Young. 

Lot of this is just Fitt.  Big stuff Tepper.  That's my take. 

I think BY is a direct response to the fact Tepper let his people pass on a certain QB during the 2021 draft... He saw what happened and was determined not to let it happen again.

5 hours ago, Captroop said:

You have to blame the scouts. Fitterer is making the call on the pick, but he's doing that based on the information he's getting from the people whose job it is to evaluate the talent level of prospects, and their ability to translate to the professional game.

I'll say it: I don't have a problem with the wheeling and dealing to be in on every deal and moving picks around. I think that's what Fitterer thinks the job of a GM is, and he does it very well.

rockwell-freedom-of-speech-e1478552416527.jpg.61f4096b3ac80842f760df41166bc914.jpg

The problem is that none of the picks we've traded for have panned out. If we'd hit, the CMC trade would look better. Hell, even the trade to #1 would look a lot better if we'd taken Stroud.

The problem is we have been consistently wrong on the talent we've been drafting, while much more talented players are being taken after them. We have an enormous talent evaluation problem. And while Fitterer is rightly in the crosshairs, don't expect that issue to be resolved if continue to have the same people with boots on the ground at the pro days and combines, who are watching the footwork, analyzing the BS next-gen metrics, looking at the health reports, and still drafting duds.

I would say if we clean house (which we clearly should) then that will include most of our scouts as well.