• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCarthy and Corum to Enter the Draft

45catfan

On 1/17/2024 at 2:21 PM, Martin said:

Does it feel like if we had a veteran and he could sit for a year or two he would be a great pick, but drafting him to compete with Bryce is a stretch? I really want the best G/C at 33.

There are a lot of ways to approach this, but remember, the new coach may watch film and decide Ickey goes inside to G.  Corbett is in his prime. BC?  Are we keeping Moton and that $30m cap hit?  You could be right.

I am looking at WR or TE at #33, because I think the line was poorly coached.  I am not sure Campen was able to effectively communicate with these young players.  He is as old school as they come, and I saw NO growth across the board.

that kid from Tulane (QB) Pratt could be a diamond in the rough if given a year or two.

I doubt he will be there, but Bo Nix had 60 starts in college and demonstrated at Oregon that he can complete over 70% of his passes.  He could be there at #33.  I see him going to Denver or Vegas, but I also heard that Payton likes McCarthy, and Penix could end up in Vegas.  Very early, however, but you never know--it is highly unusual for 5 QBs to go in round 1, and there are 6 who might.

Edited by MHS831

18 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If you look at my mock drafts I snap up QBs. I want one immediately. The Panthers on the other hand, who knows.

The FA QB market sucks this offseason too and is deep (as of now) after next year.  I doubt we retain Dalton so we need a competent guy to be the back up to whomever the QB is after 2024 and potentially start out of the gate is we draft a rookie QB in 2025.