• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PSL Owners Getting Screwed

Panther Boyd

I tried to keep an open mind about what the FO was doing, but the release of Hoover is the breaking point. This whole situation reminds me of the movie Major League when they tried to make the team as bad as they could. What pisses me off is in a couple of weeks, we'll get our invoices from the Panthers. In it will be a letter thanking us for our loyalty, and of course the final page, our price. We are going to pay this year for a shitty product. Other than a few players, you'll need a program to figure out who the hell some of these guys are. At least last year we had the personnel to win. This year we are gonna be forced to pay for mediocracy at best.

Big Cat, what are you doing?

I tried to keep an open mind about what the FO was doing, but the release of Hoover is the breaking point. This whole situation reminds me of the movie Major League when they tried to make the team as bad as they could. What pisses me off is in a couple of weeks, we'll get our invoices from the Panthers. In it will be a letter thanking us for our loyalty, and of course the final page, our price. We are going to pay this year for a shitty product. Other than a few players, you'll need a program to figure out who the hell some of these guys are. At least last year we had the personnel to win. This year we are gonna be forced to pay for mediocracy at best.

Wait to see how the draft and the 2nd wave of FA plays out before jumping the gun.

You may be correct....but you also may be off base.

I hope you're right, but you have to admit, right now things aren't looking too good.

I'm sure you aren't at a breaking point yet, but if you are, I will buy your 2010season tickets from you. PM me if interested. I almost bought two PSLs last week but decided to wait until next year in case there is no football in 2011.

I hope you're right, but you have to admit, right now things aren't looking too good.

Actually, I like the moves.

Brayton and Hoover are the only ones that are slightly questionable.

However, you have two young FB's and Hoover is havign back issues. I can understand this one.

Brayton is wanting too much for what he brings. Who knows, he may still be signed. We are allowing him to either find a team willing to pay what he thinks he is worth, or to determine that his market value is not what he thinks he is worth.

Again, I think it is a little too early to think the sky is falling.

I am nervously optimistic right now....and the next 3 months will determine which direction I eventually go.

I am a PSL owner and dont feel like I am being screwed by the recent trimming of older, good to average veterans. If they raise ticket prices maybe :-) but I always feel that way when they raise prices. I didnt need a program last year to know who the guys were on the field and it was a pretty shitty product. There is still alot of talent on this team. I am actually looking forward to seeing how next season unfolds and feel this team will be competitive and possibly make a run at the playoffs. I wont be surprised if they get in.

If there is one place I feel like we are being screwed is the fact that John Fox is still here. I wonder had there been no lockout looming if he still would be.

totally in favor of what they have been doing. i can see it as beneficial for the team in the long run without hurting too much in the short run.

the roster will be full come training camp and there will be 53 on the roster when the season starts. they'll be hitting FA like crazy once the 2nd and third waves come. they'll draft their guys and then pick up a good few form the UDFAs.

they'll get a bunch of cheap guys and from those we will be able to replace pretty much all that we have lost minus peppers (who will be replaced by johnson or brown).

he are down to 54 on the roster. that means we very well could be picking up 26 players between now and then.

just remember where the vast majority of those players we lost came from. we'll be fishing in those same waters again soon.

I am a PSL owner and dont feel like I am being screwed by the recent trimming of older, good to average veterans. If they raise ticket prices maybe :-)

We'll see about the ticket prices. Just checked the Panthers website and they haven't posted 2010 prices. Also just checked my Panthers account and my 2010 ticket invoice is not posted yet, so the jury is still out.

They are offering payment plans. Not sure how much the fee is for that.

I'm sure you didn't have a problem forking out that money for that Rembrandt they deliver last season?

The next few months are going to be great and then the fun starts. Set back and enjoy it. Don't worry... the Panthers will sign (or trade for) a player soon that everyone knows.

Archived