• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy Birthday Pstall

The Saltman

Since this is your thread buddy and you are the stockman, my broker wants me to take the 10 I put in Coca Cola when they hit the floor and move it over to General Mills.

He mentioned they recently bought their bottlers and are tanking, while everybody else in that sector is doing greatguns.

I look at it as a long term investment. One of those companies that isn't ever gonna go titsup, but likely will not make a bunch.

If I got out now, even with fees, I'd still be up over 800 bucks.

Thoughts?

KO is a steady freddy. I usually own it within a mutual fund moreso than individually. To me it's so saturated that it's harder and harder for organic growth to occur.

They are starting to blow up in Africa but that's still a few years away.

GIS(General Mills) is another steady one. Kinda high right now. I do like the fact they are going more if not already totally whole grain in their cereals. Plus they are adding more fiber to the classics which is a win win for families. Brand loyalty is uber strong.

Sounds like you want a safe haven with a bit of return and little roller coaster action which I totally get.

A possible alternative or even a split with GIS could be Diamond Foods. DMND.

More and more men are being told to eat almonds or walnuts etc for prostate and overall health that is a good play.

HB pstall.

Since you are weed free, you gonna get drunk? Being St Paddy's Day I would guess you always have somebody to party with...

I will have some adult beverages for sure. Newcastles are called for in this time. I don't really get drunk anymore. A few here and there.

For sure I carried the banner on St.P's day coming up. It was an expectation I gladly lived up too.

Which might be why at the 10 yr HS reunion many were shocked I was still alive. They didn't care that I was actually married.

Archived