• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sabres requiring reseller license for PSL

Posted (edited)

They are trying to phrase it as pushing out those only interested in reselling as a way of making money. Aka if you sell a certain percent or you are an out of state owner, etc etc and that it only effects 1% but I’m seeing a lot of replies from half season holders that they are effected since they sold. 

The way I see it, not sure what the NY law says now, those people are just gonna push their prices higher to cover the 5,000 they need for the state license. Which will in turn drive up the entire market. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The way I see it, not sure what the NY law says now, those people are just gonna push their prices higher to cover the 5,000 they need for the state license. Which will in turn drive up the entire market. 

I guess Buffalo has an active market due to proximity to Canada??

The latest attendance data I could find shows Buffalo in the bottom 30% of the league in attendance, with their arena only filling to 82% capacity through the fist 3 months of the season. In December 2022, they were dead last in attendance, filling just 71.5% of capacity.

So, market activity sure isn't the driving factor in hitting people up for $5k. Reads to me like they're trying to force the hands of PSL owners to either show up for games or give up their PSLs.

Can you imagine what BOA would look like on Sundays if the Panthers tried some crap like that?

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

The latest attendance data I could find shows Buffalo in the bottom 30% of the league in attendance, with their arena only filling to 82% capacity through the fist 3 months of the season. In December 2022, they were dead last in attendance, filling just 71.5% of capacity.

So, market activity sure isn't the driving factor in hitting people up for $5k. Reads to me like they're trying to force the hands of PSL owners to either show up for games or give up their PSLs.

Can you imagine what BOA would look like on Sundays if the Panthers tried some crap like that?

BOA would be empty......  😂

I think this is a terrible move by the Sabres, the optics aren't good at all.

• Pie 1