• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let Rod Walk

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Trust me, the ticket investment in the Canes has already paid for itself with the amount of fun we have and the experiences we've enjoyed with the organization. From my recognition as a BCBS Hero of the Game during the 2019 playoffs, riding the zambonis, taking our dogs on the ice during the Christmas holiday photo op in 2022, and the fact the team wins.

Compare that to having Panther PSLs for 17 years, which cost a helluva lot more than Canes tickets and there's little doubt as to which is the better bang for your buck.

I’ll prob re up again, I’m just so heartbroken again that I need some time. 

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

That's the short-sighted part of this thread- you want RBA gone? Who you bringing in that will come close to accomplishing what he has?

Winning the Cup may be the most difficult professional sports championship to achieve. Go back thru history and, in the modern era, there have been very few what you could call "dynasties" in the NHL. One needs to find the balance that gets the team in a position to win consistently thru pipeline, depth, draft and shrewd FA moves like the Canes have now. Or, you sell the soul of your team to win a Cup and when it comes time to repay that debt- look out.

You want a Chicago Blackhawks 2013-2015? Yes, you can have that. Then you get to follow that up with the 2016-present Blackhawks, who are quite possibly one of the worst franchises in the league over the past 8 seasons.

Instead of the "fire everyone" attitude, why not embrace the fact that you get to watch a team win consistently year in and year out with a crop of young talent waiting in the wings and a roster full of players who want to be here and want to play for RBA. A shot at the Cup every year... what more can you ask? A chance to complete for the Cup every year since he's been the coach. You guys do realize that's not happened in this league, like ever, until now.

Let RBA walk and this team becomes the Blackhawks in a couple years, with a couple older, excellent players (Kane-Aho, Duncan Keith- Jacob Slavin), and nothing in the pipeline and not a lot of players wanting to be here.

I've already re-upped my tickets for next year and I can't wait for next season in October.

A shot at the cup every year??? He hasn’t led the team to more than 8 wins in a postseason since hired. The canes postseason record in that time is 38-36. They aren’t competing for a cup. 8 or less wins each postseason and a basically .500 record in the playoffs is statistically post season failure. 

• Pie 2