• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cats' MOD Change?

Hotsauce

KT has his opinion, and strong ones at that. If it hurts your feelings or you feel it's changing the direction of a discussion from the matter at hand, say it in the thread, ask for attention back to the subject...

I'm tired of every thread pertaining to the Bobcats going towards race - and it's not just KT doing it. As I mentioned before, there are a lot of racial undertones on this board. I'm not saying it's many people here (in the Bobcats section), but there are a few... For the most part, I believe most of the jackass pompous racists don't feel like coming to the Bobcats section b/c they don't want to waste their time discussing "thugs" in the first place. They're too good for pro basketball... It's not as pure as college... sorry, off subject... Those dudes piss me off.

Basically, the people that come to this section of the board, come for the Bobcats for the most part - a few that could care less for them come in to throw poo when they feel they must "defend their name!!!!" lol

Let's be honest, the majority in America is white people... Much like this message board. I actually think minorities are not represented on this board as they are in the actual community numbers wise... So, the undertones are even stronger in my opinion. KT is obviously a minority... He speaks his mind and the opposition comes flocking in numbers to "defend themselves against racist accusations." When in fact, they just have their panties in a wad b/c the minority is stating an opinion that doesn't jive with theirs.

I'm saying all this b/c for as many people that claim to be educated on this board, many sure act like this is the f*cking 1940s. I don't know how many threads I've posted in on the Panthers section only to have one of the few jackoff excuse for Mods jump on my nuts (mainly one mod). F*ck him. I could give a poo less... IT'S AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, CREATE YOUR OWN MESSAGE BOARD OR FIND A DIFFERENT ONE.

I'm tired of this poo man... In the Panthers section I get to see this particular mod post worthless poo all the time and have his jockriding internet buttercream gang jump on the bandwagon and proclaim each of his posts/threads brilliant. They then +rep each other til infinity and blow their wads... Yet, I may post something humorous or slightly off topic, and just out of spite, my thread may be deleted or moved. But they're allowed to do that poo. Guess what, I still haven't put the douchebag on my ignore list. As I said, I could give a poo less, but I admit, I haven't posted nearly as much in the Panthers section as a I used to b/c I'm tired of the bully mentality that's developing here. BUT, this place is the best I've seen still... Best place for news and Zod, Kurb, Panthro and a couple other mods do a great job with the place mostly.

That doesn't happen in here... I haven't seen KT randomly delete threads and move thread/posts b/c he has a personal vendetta against specific members... Yet, he is getting personal attacks spewed at him... It's bullpoo. KT's a grown man and can fully take up for himself, but I just had to give my 2 cents... I'm tired of this poo.

You call for his mod powers to be stripped, yet you have no problem with the rampant circle jerk that goes on in the Panthers section. It's hypocrisy at its best. I think a lot of it is guilt, again, some introspection is needed. Grow up folks.

My question is this: Does the OP think that KT will stop posting said type of threads if he is not the MOD of this forum? I don't. With that said, I think KT has done a fine job in his role as the MOD of this forum. Moderating a forum does not equate to always posting what everyone wants to read. Someone may not like the theme of some of his posts, but they aren't out of line in regards to the rules of this messageboard. As such, I, personally, do not see any reason to change the MOD of this forum, as the complaints against him aren't really valid reasons to remove him.

Just my opinion.

My question is this: Does the OP think that KT will stop posting said type of threads if he is not the MOD of this forum? I don't. With that said, I think KT has done a fine job in his role as the MOD of this forum. Moderating a forum does not equate to always posting what everyone wants to read. Someone may not like the theme of some of his posts, but they aren't out of line in regards to the rules of this messageboard. As such, I, personally, do not see any reason to change the MOD of this forum, as the complaints against him aren't really valid reasons to remove him.

Just my opinion.

Refreshing dimbee... Good objective and fair post.

KT has his opinion, and strong ones at that. If it hurts your feelings or you feel it's changing the direction of a discussion from the matter at hand, say it in the thread, ask for attention back to the subject...

I'm tired of every thread pertaining to the Bobcats going towards race - and it's not just KT doing it. As I mentioned before, there are a lot of racial undertones on this board. I'm not saying it's many people here (in the Bobcats section), but there are a few... For the most part, I believe most of the jackass pompous racists don't feel like coming to the Bobcats section b/c they don't want to waste their time discussing "thugs" in the first place. They're too good for pro basketball... It's not as pure as college... sorry, off subject... Those dudes piss me off.

I understand some posters have stronger opinions that others, and KT has very strong opinions.... However you said you are tired of every thread going towards race. Will KT is the sole leader of this section and he is the main catalyst of sparking racial debates. Is he the only?? No, but he is in charge of this board and his comments leads to more about race less about bobcats.

Basically, the people that come to this section of the board, come for the Bobcats for the most part - a few that could care less for them come in to throw poo when they feel they must "defend their name!!!!" lol

Let's be honest, the majority in America is white people... Much like this message board. I actually think minorities are not represented on this board as they are in the actual community numbers wise... So, the undertones are even stronger in my opinion. KT is obviously a minority... He speaks his mind and the opposition comes flocking in numbers to "defend themselves against racist accusations." When in fact, they just have their panties in a wad b/c the minority is stating an opinion that doesn't jive with theirs.

I don't understand what # of minorities has to do with anything... I am a minority too... so what? I come here to talk Bobcats basketball... that is it. There is no agenda, I don't care about black and white I care about Orange and Bobcat Blue... People usually respond because his post can been seen as racial to non minorities, so they respond just like he would/should if someone was making racial statements towards minorities.

I'm saying all this b/c for as many people that claim to be educated on this board, many sure act like this is the f*cking 1940s. I don't know how many threads I've posted in on the Panthers section only to have one of the few jackoff excuse for Mods jump on my nuts (mainly one mod). F*ck him. I could give a poo less... IT'S AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, CREATE YOUR OWN MESSAGE BOARD OR FIND A DIFFERENT ONE.

I'm tired of this poo man... In the Panthers section I get to see this particular mod post worthless poo all the time and have his jockriding internet buttercream gang jump on the bandwagon and proclaim each of his posts/threads brilliant. They then +rep each other til infinity and blow their wads... Yet, I may post something humorous or slightly off topic, and just out of spite, my thread may be deleted or moved. But they're allowed to do that poo. Guess what, I still haven't put the douchebag on my ignore list. As I said, I could give a poo less, but I admit, I haven't posted nearly as much in the Panthers section as a I used to b/c I'm tired of the bully mentality that's developing here. BUT, this place is the best I've seen still... Best place for news and Zod, Kurb, Panthro and a couple other mods do a great job with the place mostly.

It's a little different in this section because we don't have multiple Mods... Just my opinion. With KT being the main source/authority in this section he has a lot of control over the "posting environment" in this section.

That doesn't happen in here... I haven't seen KT randomly delete threads and move thread/posts b/c he has a personal vendetta against specific members... Yet, he is getting personal attacks spewed at him... It's bullpoo. KT's a grown man and can fully take up for himself, but I just had to give my 2 cents... I'm tired of this poo.

You call for his mod powers to be stripped, yet you have no problem with the rampant circle jerk that goes on in the Panthers section. It's hypocrisy at his best. I think a lot of it is guilt, again, some introspection is needed. Grow up folks.

EDIT: I admit, I haven't posted nearly as much in the Panthers section as a I used to b/c I'm tired of the bully mentality that's developing here. BUT, this place is the best I've seen still... Best place for news and Zod, Kurb, Panthro and a couple other mods do a great job with the place mostly.

Has he deleted that many threads.... NO. He did that one, it's over we can move on past that. That should not be an issue anymore unless it becomes a habit which I doubt. I do not agree with personal attacks; however KT is playing a role in that. Like I've said before when you have an extremist point of view it is going to bring out stronger opinions from others... That’s just how things work.

I am only posting my opinion because I would like our board to be a great place for Bobcat talk....Not agendas, not racial post ect. As of lately a lot of topics and debates have been headed that way. I do think everyone including KT can do more to keep us on topic and discussing debating bobcats and NBA basketball.

I understand some posters have stronger opinions that others, and KT has very strong opinions.... However you said you are tired of every thread going towards race. Will KT is the sole leader of this section and he is the main catalyst of sparking racial debates. Is he the only?? No, but he is in charge of this board and his comments leads to more about race less about bobcats.

I don't understand what # of minorities has to do with anything... I am a minority too... so what? I come here to talk Bobcats basketball... that is it. There is no agenda, I don't care about black and white I care about Orange and Bobcat Blue... People usually respond because his post can been seen as racial to non minorities, so they respond just like he would/should if someone was making racial statements towards minorities.

It's a little different in this section because we don't have multiple Mods... Just my opinion. With KT being the main source/authority in this section he has a lot of control over the "posting environment" in this section.

Has he deleted that many threads.... NO. He did that one, it's over we can move on past that. That should not be an issue anymore unless it becomes a habit which I doubt. I do not agree with personal attacks; however KT is playing a role in that. Like I've said before when you have an extremist point of view it is going to bring out stronger opinions from others... That’s just how things work.

I am only posting my opinion because I would like our board to be a great place for Bobcat talk....Not agendas, not racial post ect. As of lately a lot of topics and debates have been headed that way. I do think everyone including KT can do more to keep us on topic and discussing debating bobcats and NBA basketball.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. In terms of the minority # thing, I'm saying that I assume minorities are represented less on this board than they are in the actual community. And you're completely right, it should have nothing to do with what takes place in this forum - sports are supposed to bring people together, as corny as it sounds. BUT, the sad truth is that is does have something to do with the environment of this board, and that's why I mentioned it. KT is the only mod in this forum, he happens to be a minority. He states an opinion that may be considered inflammatory b/c of the audience demographics (this forum).

If the audience was more representative of minority groups do you think there would be so of this crap ongoing. I can see how some of KT's posts can offend some people b/c they feel a generalization he makes is a specific attack on them, although I don't see it that way. Bottom line, is he's entitled to his opinion, he does a great job posting news and updates but also throws his own 2 cents in - people could choose to appreciate the job he does with the news and just avoid the other stuff, instead it turns into a pissing contest.

The minority thing comes in b/c again... Look at the Panthers forum. I don't see anyone calling for any of the mods heads there. And as I said, I've had multiple threads/posts moved, deleted, or attacked there, for no good reason besides one mod being a jackass... The other mods don't come to my rescue. I don't expect them too. They prolly don't even know which mod does it. It really doesn't matter. I've seen other mods have disagreements with posters on other sections of this site, yet I don't see other begging for their removal.

I'm not saying hotsauce is doing this b/c KT is a minority, I'm saying the general backlash in every thread is b/c he's a minority and his view is perceived as offensive and threatening to some non-minorities here - again, I don't view his posts that way. I don't agree with all of them, but I let that be known and we discuss it. It takes two to argue on a message board. So it's not just KT. He's not banning or removing people, he's not repeatedly deleting threads and muzzling people... It happens in the Panthers forum though. Yet they want him gone?

But, as you said, this shouldn't even be an issue. It should be about the orange and blue, and this team... But, it's not. I'm just saying what I've observed. I wish it could just be about basketball. KT could change some things, but I don't view his actions as the ultimate cause of all this crap.

We've done a fine job of that the past 5 years. This board has been and continues to be a great place for Bobcats talk. In fact, Id even say we've done a much better job than the Disturber website that is littered with ignorant comments & racial undertones towards hard working black american athletes and executives DAILY. Their "writers" have always used their pens to push their "agendas" against Mr.Johnson & the Bobcats in their articles since 2003. And its been acceptable because the Bobcats were losing....until now.

Here in this forum we've always tried to make it about the team and keep politics out of it. I'd say we do an excellent job of that. Just because we've had a few threads that might've had some opinions you might not agree with doesnt mean we can paint this environment into something its not. I can honestly say the vast majority of the posters in this forum LOVE the BOBCATS and understand our mission. The vast majority of posts in this forum are basketball related and stick with that theme.

All this started because a troll came in here with a POLITICAL post about Bob Johnson that had 0 to do with the Bobs and I pulled his card. I made a thread poking fun at the Disturber for their weak coverage of the Bobs and loyalty to the NO Hornets and now dudes want a mod change. If dudes keep it basketball, we can talk basketball, but if you come in here with some bullshit, you cant expect people not to respond, because we will. This is a public forum. The Disturber is media for profit, people can respond to their bullshit too.

All this started because a troll came in here with a POLITICAL post about Bob Johnson that had 0 to do with the Bobs and I pulled his card. I made a thread poking fun at the Disturber for their weak coverage of the Bobs and loyalty to the NO Hornets and now dudes want a mod change. If dudes keep it basketball, we can talk basketball, but if you come in here with some bullpoo, you cant expect people not to respond, because we will. This is a public forum. The Disturber is media for profit, people can respond to their bullpoo too.

So... you are talking about my post again regarding Bob Johnson's comments about racism in Charlotte. And AGAIN you've called me a troll.

#1. First off, you didn't "pull my card", you tried playing yours. You incorrectly asserted that I am racist, and responded to every post of mine with "You're racist, and Charlotte is too".

When I asked for proof of this, you had none.

At which point your "nuthuggers" came to your defense, and the thread deteriorated into an insult fest.

#2. The article which I referenced was a comment made by Bob Johnson, the former majority owner of the Bobcats, whom is still a partial owner, and was directed at Charlotte generally....

He said:

"Charlotte is a very, how would I call it, close-knit, arrogant, sometimes incestuous town.

"...It's close-knit, and if you come to this town, and you look like you're one of those people that might break some glass ... it's going to be tough for them to relate to."

He further specified SMALL BUSINESSES as some sort of support for this illogical unprovable position, but that doesn't change the fact that he is down on Charlotte.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/03/21/1327317/ex-bobcats-owner-blasts-charlotte.html#ixzz0kL7fb1D8

#3. Since that post, I have gotten NUMEROUS numbers of positive rep and private messages saying that you have a history of Anti-White rhetoric, racial bigotry in your posts, and less than impartial mod actions taken against posts.

I went back and looked, and you've been spouting racially motivated posts LOOOOOOONG before I made my post about Bob Johnson's comments.

So don't try and pin this on me asshat. I came here to talk about why Bob Johnson, THE FOUNDER OF THE BOBCATS, would make such divisive comments.... but YOU made the bed long before I stepped into it.

While you might do a good job of putting Bobcats info out here, your impartiality is nil, and not really befitting of a good moderator.

Had I known this board was modded by an angry, bigoted black man, I would have never wasted my time.

Archived