• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Atlanta Braves Thread

faultlessjoint

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a rough two weeks. Panthers and Braves have been killing me. I mostly blame myself, though. I've been busy moving apartments. Haven't really been watching much of the games. I need to do my part and be a better fan if the braves are even going to make the playoffs.

That said, I think I'm going to go to all three games this weekend. It's make it or break it time. They need to sweep the nats. I'll be doing my part. Hopefully, the offense will do theirs.

I can't believe the cubs managed to win that game last night. I was out hanging out with my girlfriend, and just checked my phone periodically to catch an update.

at dinner....3rd inning, 0-0....."They're off to a slow start."

drinks at a bar.....5th inning, 0-0....."Hmmm, gotta pitching duel going on"

arrive at her place.....7th inning, 0-0....."Come on Cubs, you just need 1. You can do this."

a little later.....9th inning, 0-0....."FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST SCORE ONE RUN!!!1!!!!11!"

There is only one solution: hit the ball!

Defense sucks, no getting around it. DLee is a gold glover. Heyward is solid in RF. Everyone else in the field has holes in their defensive game. We are going to have issues winning low scoring ball games.

We need to hit and in bunches. Heyward, Lee, McCann, and Gonzalez are going to have to get it done. They are the ones in the heart of the line-up every night. All of them have shown they are capable to delivering. They are the ones that have to win these games.

That said, the team as a whole needs to see more pitches. One of the reasons we did so well in the regular season is because of how many walks our offense picked up. It seems like everyone is going out there hacking. At this point, I would much rather see a guy get called out looking than seeing one pitch and driving the second one into the dirt. We need to make the opposing starter throw more pitches, even if we don't hit them, at least we'll pick up a couple walks and get to the pen sooner.

My .02

GO BRAVES!

Archived