• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams that need WR

unicar15

I think with the recent report of Dez Bryant being taken off 10 lists makes it pretty evident that he isn't going to go where he probably should given his talent. Here is a list of teams that I can see taking a look at him. The first team that is a possibility IMO is Cincy. He isn't going to go top 10 and I don't think that the Broncos, Steelers, Titans, or Seahawks bite because of differing reasons for each of the teams.

Cincinnati - COULD take Bryant but I still think its pretty improbable. Their offense is becoming more centered around running the ball with Cedric Benson and IDT they want to take another player with motivational problems.

Pats - Its not really Belicheat's style to take WRs this high. I think that a OLB or DB is more likely considering their defense is made up of guys that are old enough to qualify for AARP. But you never know with the Pats...

Cardinals - They lost Boldin but they still have an arsenal of WRs. I think they are going to go more to a running style of offense anyways with the loss of Warner. IDT this is realistic but they like their WR. I still think Dez Bryant continues to fall.

My prediction...Someone trades up to the bottom of the first round to take Bryant. Maybe its the Bucs or Chiefs or Rams at the top of the first. The kid is definitely going in the first I just don't think its going to be by a team that already has a pick in the first. I think that the fact that all of these teams are making moves to get veteran WRs (Ravens, Jets, Dolphins) shows that nobody REALLY wants to take this kid in the first round. Because of this...I think that we are going to have pretty good options with either Benn or Tate. Hopefully the latter...and hopefully we don't pass on them for a freakin defender.

I guarantee that Bryant is a top 20 pick still.. actually, I think the Bronco's take him at #11. And Bill Belicheat did take Chad Jackson in the 1st round a few years back.. so taking WRs in the 1st round is his "style".

I guarantee that Bryant is a top 20 pick still.. actually, I think the Bronco's take him at #11. And Bill Belicheat did take Chad Jackson in the 1st round a few years back.. so taking WRs in the 1st round is his "style".

- Jackson was a 2nd round pick (36th)

- Why would the Broncos take a "troubled" WR when they just got rid of one? Combine that with the fact that McDaniels is a Bellicheat coach and his team was one of the worst in the league at stopping the run and I think he goes LB or NT. I could see Dan Williams being the pick for the Broncos or Rolando McClain if he is still there.

- The biggest reason I think that WR could be a position that falls is because there are a lot of guys that are good. Bryant and Tate are the two best but a lot of people think you are getting better value with Demaryius Thomas and Arrelious Benn in the 2nd round. Whereas, you aren't going to find a franchise NT in the 2nd round like Dan Williams.

The way I see the draft going is similar to how most drafts go. There is going to be a run on DL and OL in the first round, probably 12-15 guys taken in the first round on the OL and DL.

DL - JPP, Morgan, Williams, Suh, McCoy, Graham

OL - Okung, Williams, Bulaga, Davis, Pouncey, Iupati, Campbell

DB - Haden, Berry, Wilson, Thomas, Mays

QB - Bradford and Clausen

RB - Spiller

LB - McClain, Kindle, Witherspoon, Hughes

That is 25 players out of 31 playes to be picked. That leaves six spots for other players to slip in. It is probable that Dez Bryant will be one of those six but its also probable that a guy like Tate or Benn could fall a lot farther. You just never know whats going to happen on draft day.

The only time I can remember when a player that a near majority of the board lusted after unexpectedly slid to our pick was 2005 (Derrick Johnson). Hurney of course selected Thomas Davis instead.

I can't remember a Hurney draft where in some way a little part of me didn't say "Um, wha?" on the first pick. Well, I take that back. I was excited about the Brown pick (the um, wha came with the details of the trade and on the Sherrod Martin pick).

- Jackson was a 2nd round pick (36th)

- Why would the Broncos take a "troubled" WR when they just got rid of one? Combine that with the fact that McDaniels is a Bellicheat coach and his team was one of the worst in the league at stopping the run and I think he goes LB or NT. I could see Dan Williams being the pick for the Broncos or Rolando McClain if he is still there.

- The biggest reason I think that WR could be a position that falls is because there are a lot of guys that are good. Bryant and Tate are the two best but a lot of people think you are getting better value with Demaryius Thomas and Arrelious Benn in the 2nd round. Whereas, you aren't going to find a franchise NT in the 2nd round like Dan Williams.

The way I see the draft going is similar to how most drafts go. There is going to be a run on DL and OL in the first round, probably 12-15 guys taken in the first round on the OL and DL.

DL - JPP, Morgan, Williams, Suh, McCoy, Graham

OL - Okung, Williams, Bulaga, Davis, Pouncey, Iupati, Campbell

DB - Haden, Berry, Wilson, Thomas, Mays

QB - Bradford and Clausen

RB - Spiller

LB - McClain, Kindle, Witherspoon, Hughes

That is 25 players out of 31 playes to be picked. That leaves six spots for other players to slip in. It is probable that Dez Bryant will be one of those six but its also probable that a guy like Tate or Benn could fall a lot farther. You just never know whats going to happen on draft day.

Yea, agree with just about everything you said.. I do understand that 10 teams took Bryant off their board.. but it only takes one team to like him, and I can guarantee that he is taken Top 20 still. As far as WRs dropping to us, I am on the same page as you.. I actually said that both Benn and Damian Williams will be there at #48. So here is to hoping we are both right.

I wish Damian Williams had stayed at Arkansas...it would make me feel much more comfortable about drafting him.

I don't see Damian as a typical USC WR. A typical USC WR gets by purely on his athletic ability.. Damian has that ability, but this guy is the best route runner in the last 4 years! I think this guy would be a 1st round WR in any other draft.. I honestly see him as being a Reggie Wayne type WR. The Panthers would be absolutely stoked if Williams is there at #48.. he could contribute immediately. Damian is the kind of guy that would make teams pay for passing on him in the draft. He is by far the most polished WR in the draft.. and we need a WR that can contribute immediately. I really believe he will be our first pick in the draft and I have been saying that since December.

I don't see Damian as a typical USC WR. A typical USC WR gets by purely on his athletic ability.. Damian has that ability, but this guy is the best route runner in the last 4 years! I think this guy would be a 1st round WR in any other draft.. I honestly see him as being a Reggie Wayne type WR. The Panthers would be absolutely stoked if Williams is there at #48.. he could contribute immediately. Damian is the kind of guy that would make teams pay for passing on him in the draft. He is by far the most polished WR in the draft.. and we need a WR that can contribute immediately. I really believe he will be our first pick in the draft and I have been saying that since December.

All I want is a fast receiver that can do multiple things on the field. The reason I like Tate so much is because he can return kicks, run a reverse, catch a short pass, catch bombs. He can do everything really well and seems like a good person on top of that. I really don't know that much about Williams. If we draft him, hopefully he is cut from a different mold than are most WRs coming from USC.

All I want is a fast receiver that can do multiple things on the field. The reason I like Tate so much is because he can return kicks, run a reverse, catch a short pass, catch bombs. He can do everything really well and seems like a good person on top of that. I really don't know that much about Williams. If we draft him, hopefully he is cut from a different mold than are most WRs coming from USC.

Everything you said about Tate.. it sounded like you just described Williams.. the difference between Tate and Williams is that Williams is a wayyyy better route runner than everybody in this draft. And Tate has more explosiveness. I would be happy with either of them, but if the Panthers are looking for someone who might be able to contribute immediately because of his amazing route running. Best route runner to enter the draft since 04' Fitzgerald.

Everything you said about Tate.. it sounded like you just described Williams.. the difference between Tate and Williams is that Williams is a wayyyy better route runner than everybody in this draft. And Tate has more explosiveness. I would be happy with either of them, but if the Panthers are looking for someone who might be able to contribute immediately because of his amazing route running. Best route runner to enter the draft since 04' Fitzgerald.

I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Williams.

Archived