• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zoology

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

You will enjoy it a hell of alot more. ;)

Believe me, I'm not looking forward to constantly having to hear about things like the difference between a ferret and a weasel. But, she does let me ramble on about things like the difference between Soiux and Sumerian so I can't complain.

But if I can tie it in to music, then I'll at least have something to stand on.

What is she going to do or want to do with that degree?

She's most interested in helping companies find ways to adapt their business plans in order to better cohabitate with local ecological systems. For instance, the large array of solar panels that they wanted to put out in the desert in California but it was stopped based on proximity to animals like the desert tortise and the burrowing owl.

She's most interested in helping companies find ways to adapt their business plans in order to better cohabitate with local ecological systems. For instance, the large array of solar panels that they wanted to put out in the desert in California but it was stopped based on proximity to animals like the desert tortise and the burrowing owl.

Yea I remember seeing that somewhere. They were wanting to like pipe water out there to cool off the part that stores the energy. The only thing they forgot was that most things in the desert dont swim very well.

My wife has decided that she wants to go back to school in order to get a degree in zoology, minor in biology, with a focus on zoography and conservation.

Does anyone on here know of a few decent books she can pick up to start prepping her brain for the course load?

No, but I do have an uncle who is a Dr. of Zoology at California State University at Bakersfield. I bet he'd be willing to give her some insight.

Archived