• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Edwards? What just happened?

PantherExpress

Armanti isn't a QB in the league. He's an exceptional athlete that you might be able to successfully build an offensive package around. He could also easily be a bust.

IMO if he can help out in the return game and increase our average starting position even remotely he will be worth the cost. If he can help out in the slot or "Mildcat" as some call it then that's even better.

Quick, it's a reverse to Steve Smith! Don't let him get to the edge or - uh oh, he flipped it to Armanti. Now my ankles are broken and I'm a sad linebacker.

Remember when 89 got drafted out of Salt Lake? Very few knew of his potential, and he even survived mandatory preseason roster cuts after his real-life reeanctment of 'Punch-Out' - all of this to the chagrin of many (inc. me).

And all he would ever be? KR and broadly a ST phenom that might develop into a 3rd receiver down the road.

Point being: Hurney holds all the cards til JR calls the bluff....and we are allowed to critique til the end of time! (or Hurney's employment)

Until I see proven 'Jason Peter-like production', I will continually support every roster-move this guy makes....because somehow, somewhere - in the first 3 rounds - Hurney knows how to pick'em.

Now Armanti, please live up to my incredibly uninspiring vote-of-confidence!

I have no problem with drafting Edwards, I just have a problem with trading a 2nd round pick to get him. Its like Fox has an obession with trading away draft picks for guys who arent worth the pick. He most likely could have drafted Edwards later. Just like last year when he traded a 1st to get Brown in the 2nd, and when he traded a draft pick to get Louis Leonard who was about to be cut. On the NFL network they were talking about how anxious the Panthers were to trade a 1st to get a QB in the first round. Im so glad that it didnt work out and we have a 1st rounder next year

Archived