• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BOBCATS Should Go After DWADE

MJ said yesterday on the radio that he plans to make a couple of moves this offseason to get better and go deeper in the playoffs next season.

And when he said.. "go deeper in the playoffs" that kinda made me a little excited that maybe.. he's aiming to make a big splash. But with the cap, I don't see what much he can do really.

He has also said that he will reduce the amount of salary tied up right now, even if that means reducing the overall talent of the talent.

I am not hatin', I understand completely his rationale.

Yeah, we need a star on this team that can put up some big numbers. Wallace is a beast but he's a complementary player right now.

And he's one hell of a complementary scorer at that. I'm hoping that our "star player" comes at PF or C so we can keep Jackson and Wallace around.

MJ said yesterday on the radio that he plans to make a couple of moves this offseason to get better and go deeper in the playoffs next season.

And when he said.. "go deeper in the playoffs" that kinda made me a little excited that maybe.. he's aiming to make a big splash. But with the cap, I don't see what much he can do really.

if you are talking about mj who appeared on pacman it's not the real mj but one of the spoofs they have run since he became a part owner

And he's one hell of a complementary scorer at that. I'm hoping that our "star player" comes at PF or C so we can keep Jackson and Wallace around.

With a better point guard who distributes the ball effectively and with good timing our scoring woes would be solved in that the entire team could effectively become the #1 scorer imo.

Of course we are weak at center but there is a lot of money tied up there so I don't think it can be improved through acquisitions next season, and though I like TT and even Diaw a little a great scoring PF would be really nice for this team.

The only player that "needs" to stay is Wallace. Whatever Michael has to do to clear out the rest... go for it.

Keep in mind I'd like to see several players stay, just saying that I think people are hanging onto too many players (even Jackson - he is not the answer).

I am about to upset quite a few fans. The suggestion will be seen as heresy by some but it has a solid touch of logic. So please try to have a open mind.

A favorite player of mine and many others will have to be on the trading block. The deal is Gerald Wallace and Nzar Mohamed for Chris Paul. We do not resign Raymond Felton. The second part of the restructuring is trading Boris Diaw and Diop to the Washington Wizards for Josh Howard.

My reasoning is i feel the Wizards may be hesitant to keep the somewhat mercurial off court presence that J-Howard is turning out to be after the Arenas Debacle. Getting two solid veteran in exchange is better than just letting him go when his team option clause kicks in. Then to the Hornets. Collison has turned out to be a steal. Paul is increasingly becoming expensive to retain. The Hornets have the aging Peja at SF and not much else. Putting G-Force on the court with West, Thornton, and Collison would be a new look Hornets along with Nzar backing up Omeka.

This would give us a depth chart of

PG- Paul, Augustin

SG- Hendo, Graham

SF- Howard, Brown

PF- TT, JJ Hickson

C- Chandler, Ajinca

Believe it or not i would be willing to move S-Jax also for maybe say JJ Hickson of the Cavs and a draft pick or two. Lets face it guys we need to get younger and cheaper. LB is likely off to yet another city to rebuild and go to the playoffs so lets give the new coach some young players with talent to mold.

I am about to upset quite a few fans. The suggestion will be seen as heresy by some but it has a solid touch of logic. So please try to have a open mind.

A favorite player of mine and many others will have to be on the trading block. The deal is Gerald Wallace and Nzar Mohamed for Chris Paul. We do not resign Raymond Felton. The second part of the restructuring is trading Boris Diaw and Diop to the Washington Wizards for Josh Howard.

My reasoning is i feel the Wizards may be hesitant to keep the somewhat mercurial off court presence that J-Howard is turning out to be after the Arenas Debacle. Getting two solid veteran in exchange is better than just letting him go when his team option clause kicks in. Then to the Hornets. Collison has turned out to be a steal. Paul is increasingly becoming expensive to retain. The Hornets have the aging Peja at SF and not much else. Putting G-Force on the court with West, Thornton, and Collison would be a new look Hornets along with Nzar backing up Omeka.

This would give us a depth chart of

PG- Paul, Augustin

SG- Hendo, Graham

SF- Howard, Brown

PF- TT, JJ Hickson

C- Chandler, Ajinca

Believe it or not i would be willing to move S-Jax also for maybe say JJ Hickson of the Cavs and a draft pick or two. Lets face it guys we need to get younger and cheaper. LB is likely off to yet another city to rebuild and go to the playoffs so lets give the new coach some young players with talent to mold.

If you actually think that NO would make this deal and get rid of the face of their team for two role players you are on crack. Honstly I stopped reading ur post after that line. dumb dumb dumb

Well you should have kept reading. CP3 is the face of the franchise but he is also becoming a very expensive player to keep around. Not only that Collison has been pretty good and may have earned a chance to start. Also taking Peja Stojakovic's contract all 15,000,000 of it in that trade could make it an even sweeter deal. Moving Boris and Diop would allow us to take Peja's contract. Also lastly to you sir

NO NEED TO BE A DICK. THIS ENTIRE THREAD WAS STARTED BY THE FANTASY OF D WADE PLAYING HERE. CAN I HELP IT I WANT TO RIGHT THE WRONG THAT TAKING FELTON AND MAY OVER A TRADE UP FOR PAUL WAS?

If you actually think that NO would make this deal and get rid of the face of their team for two role players you are on crack. Honstly I stopped reading ur post after that line. dumb dumb dumb

Actually it's very plausible they trade CP3 for expiring contracts or a piece they need. Collison actually played better last year than CP3, and a TON cheaper. To them it makes sense. Honestly, CP3 is probably the only big time player we could get this off-season, and that's even a big IF.

Archived