• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Armanti Edwards interview (5/7)

Yea buddy, great logic there..

Your post = fail

We will see.. How many college Qb's turned Wr's have ended up being worth the effort? Not many... I like the guy. Hell I went to App state. But I just dont like drafting guys to play a postion that they never played at the previous level. And trading away picks to move up to get him is even worse..

We will see.. How many college Qb's turned Wr's have ended up being worth the effort? Not many... I like the guy. Hell I went to App state. But I just dont like drafting guys to play a postion that they never played at the previous level. And trading away picks to move up to get him is even worse..

Consider this;

He has played the position before. He's an athlete. He can apply prior training + what's he's currently learning and become successful and effective if he wants* to.

*If he dosn't want it enough, it won't happen. But he seems like a determined young man, so who knows until we see.

Consider this;

He has played the position before. He's an athlete. He can apply prior training + what's he's currently learning and become successful and effective if he wants* to.

*If he dosn't want it enough, it won't happen. But he seems like a determined young man, so who knows until we see.

I'll agree that he defitantly seems like he wants to be sucessful. But to say he's played the postion before. In high School... Really means nothing to me. I hope he proves me wrong and does great! I do like that a App guy is on the team. But, he's not a reciever and we gave up a 2nd round pick to move up late in the 3rd to get him. So hes got a hell of alot to prove to me at this level.

You guys sure are being overly critical of this kids interview.

First of all, there are many people who don't give good interviews. That doesn't make them bad at what they do, nor does it reflect on the persons intelligence. Ya'll fail.

Secound, this kid does have many good attributes. Some can't be taught (speed and agility), others like work ethic, and all around smart football player are a couple others.

This kid will have more impact than any other rookie wr on our team cause the coaches will give this kid more opportunities with the ball in their hands than the other guys.

Stop being overly critical over every lil thing.

Ok but that's not your said in your post... You basically said that someone that sounds "dumb" couldn't learn a playbook well enough to be a succesful player.. Which is a pretty dumb comment in it's self .. I doubt someone that was recruited by harvard will have trouble with a playbook...

But if you rather have a player that gives good interviews rather than one who's a beast of an athlete then so be it... Just be sure to give me your email addy so I can send you an invite to my fanasty football leauge this season :)!

You guys sure are being overly critical of this kids interview.

First of all, there are many people who don't give good interviews. That doesn't make them bad at what they do, nor does it reflect on the persons intelligence. Ya'll fail.

Secound, this kid does have many good attributes. Some can't be taught (speed and agility), others like work ethic, and all around smart football player are a couple others.

This kid will have more impact than any other rookie wr on our team cause the coaches will give this kid more opportunities with the ball in their hands than the other guys.

Stop being overly critical over every lil thing.

I hope your right. But I just dont see it. Hes still a qb to me not a Wr or a kick returner until he proves to me otherwise.

Taking this off topic for a sec...

I completely disagree with the "you can't teach speed" idea. That's bullshit.

If you take a naturally *quick*, yet untrained person (note I said quick) and tell him to run a 40 yard dash, will it be impressive? NO.

Now, if you take that same naturally *quick* person, and teach him proper running technique, his ability will dramatically increase.

There is a method to speed. You don't just wake up and go all Forrest Gump and run like a fuging gazelle.

I hope your right. But I just dont see it. Hes still a qb to me not a Wr or a kick returner until he proves to me otherwise.

Yea I hope I'm right too! I don't mean to be busting on you but it just pisses me off when ppl start giving this kid hell because they think his interview didn't sound perfect.

This kid is a real threat, will help us out on the field alot and give us more options to make plays... Can you imagine him , Moore , smitty , Deangelo and stewart taking the field... The d wouldn't know what to expect !

Oh and from one app student to another. :cheers2: although being from app it's more like :sifone:

Taking this off topic for a sec...

I completely disagree with the "you can't teach speed" idea. That's bullshit.

If you take a naturally *quick*, yet untrained person (note I said quick) and tell him to run a 40 yard dash, will it be impressive? NO.

Now, if you take that same naturally *quick* person, and teach him proper running technique, his ability will dramatically increase.

There is a method to speed. You don't just wake up and go all Forrest Gump and run like a f**king gazelle.

To some extent, sure. You can train somebody who is quick, to be a little faster.

You still can't teach natual fluid speed.

That's fine. You have your right to your opinion.

He has already proven himself to be a smart football player that understands the game and makes plays. Otherwise, he would not have been drafted.

This kid will make animpact. Try not to be to shocked when it happens.

Some people are never happy..... I am pretty sure there are people on this board who will root against Edwards just so they can say "I told you so" at the end of games or even at the end of the year. People will be all over this kid if he fumbles, drops a pass, or has an overall bad game, just because some saw the pick as controversial. The Clausen haters will do the same thing if he isn't starting by the middle of the season calling him a wasted pick, bust, etc. These people are not much of a Panther fan in my book.

Archived