• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dog Question....

Johnny Rockets

Glad I took her to the vet..…… It actually turned out rather well. Her heart seems to be fine from what the vet could hear (We didn’t do the EKG though). They took a couple of blood tests, some X-Rays, gave her a full physical etc (we were there for 2.5 hours). Her blood work came back good and the X-Rays didn’t show anything out of the ordinary with her heart.

The only thing that they saw was some blockages in her airways that lead from her lungs which is not uncommon in a dog her age. That seemed to be the root cause of her breathing problems. They gave us some steroids to give her and she will be on a medicine to keep her airways clearer for the rest of her life but other than that (and some arthritis) she should be fine. It was a bit expensive but well worth the peace of mind to know she is in relatively good health and my buddy will be around with me for awhile longer.

That's awesome, dude. My pets have kept me sane through some very tough times recently. Can't imagine the day when I have to make decisions like yours. Glad it turned out okay.

Archived