• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Dead Redemption Memorable Moments

stankowalski

I've only played a few hours of RDR but I've already had a few funny things happen, as will often be the case in a Rockstar game. This incident, however, pissed me off first before it made me laugh. What happened was I had gotten a treasure map, and I was off seeking it. Just me and my horse traveling across the cacti fields to a lake where I suspected the treasure to be buried. I get off of my horse to inspect around the lake on foot. I walk around looking for a landmark but I don't see what I'm looking for, so I decide to head over to the other side of the lake. Well, I remember watching westerns as a kid and how sometimes the cowboys will ride their horse across streams. So rather than have to walk all the way around the lake, I decide to whistle for my horse and take the shortcut through the lake. Well the horse comes galloping towards me ( he was quite a ways off), and as he nears me, I'm thinking he's going too fast and as that thought runs through my head, he plunges into the lake. But it looks as if the horse is having a hard time floating, in fact it just sank. Having already grown attached to my trusty steed I decide to jump in and try to save it. And I immediately drowned. Horses can't swim and neither can you. I learned a valuable lesson today.

Multiplayer is jacked right now.

My best moment is logging into multiplayer to see my character without anything but a hat and a pistol flying around the map shooting invisible people with only their name above them.

I've only played a few hours of RDR but I've already had a few funny things happen, as will often be the case in a Rockstar game. This incident, however, pissed me off first before it made me laugh. What happened was I had gotten a treasure map, and I was off seeking it. Just me and my horse traveling across the cacti fields to a lake where I suspected the treasure to be buried. I get off of my horse to inspect around the lake on foot. I walk around looking for a landmark but I don't see what I'm looking for, so I decide to head over to the other side of the lake. Well, I remember watching westerns as a kid and how sometimes the cowboys will ride their horse across streams. So rather than have to walk all the way around the lake, I decide to whistle for my horse and take the shortcut through the lake. Well the horse comes galloping towards me ( he was quite a ways off), and as he nears me, I'm thinking he's going too fast and as that thought runs through my head, he plunges into the lake. But it looks as if the horse is having a hard time floating, in fact it just sank. Having already grown attached to my trusty steed I decide to jump in and try to save it. And I immediately drowned. Horses can't swim and neither can you. I learned a valuable lesson today.

nice!!! is it a good game so far?

nice!!! is it a good game so far?
That's subjective, but I definitely love it. But I LOVE westerns and GTA type games. So if you're into those two things, I think it's safe to say you'll love it as well. Honestly, if somebody plays this game and doesn't like it, I think it says more about them than it does the game.

If you get it, I'll offer you another tip...don't try to kill a pack of wolves armed only with your knife, it will get real ugly.

I guess you don't have to walk back to town. I whistled for my horse after I shot him in the head and another one appeared. Guess this could be a way to make easy money since you get paid for horse meat and horse hide. Shoot a horse, skin it, whistle for another one...rinse, repeat. I think my honor went down though, so it would be a trade off between honor and 8 bucks.

Note to self. Don't be Stan's horse
To be fair the first horse was stupid. He had to know he couldn't swim and yet he ran past me straight into the lake. Besides I tried to save him, before I realized I couldn't swim either. Not sure how I was planning to drag a 900 lb. horse out of the water, but I gave it a go.

The second horse...well, he was just plain unlucky.

The single player game is awesome. Best Graphics by far on the 360, the attention to detail is staggering. When you shoot someone, they react correctly to the impact. If you shoot someone in the leg, they fall down and then get back up limping away from you. Very realistic looking. If you shoot someone on a horse sometimes they fall off and there leg catches the stirrup and they get drug around. I have also accidentally killed my horse while trying to shoot coyotes.

Does anyone know where to find the damn lasso?

Archived